Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The quietest bow is.... >

The quietest bow is....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The quietest bow is....

Old 05-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The quietest bow is....

I know this is a tough question, but what in your opinion is the quietest bow. We will limit this to Hoyt, Matthews, and Bowtech. Try to answer in an un-bias way. Rank them in the order you believe. I will start with mine.

Matthews
Hoyt
bowtech
Old 05-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The quietest bow is....

I don't know if I can necessarily rank them by manufacturer. I can tell you that the Buckmaster G2 that I owned two or three years ago was the quietest bow I have ever shot at my specifications. Arrow weight, draw weight, cam timing and add-on accessories are all going to affect sound levels and folks tend to hear what they want on most occasions soooooo....
Old 05-12-2004, 05:13 AM

The quietest bow I have shot yet is a friend's Mathews MQ-32 !! My Mathews MQ-1 with string leeches was probably my quietest so far !
Old 05-12-2004, 05:33 AM

One thing I've noticed, is an inconsistency from one model to another. For example, some Mathews models are quieter then some other Mathews models. I've even noticed significant differences from one bow to another, of the same model. Add in the differences that can be obtained from add ons, accessories, and different strings, and you have a situation that is almost impossible to accurately evaluate.

For sure, they are all quiet enough, when set up properly.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll say hoyt , split limb bows are slightly quieter than solid limb bows . Bowhunter mag did a comparision about 3 years ago and alpine was the quietest , with hoyt running a close second .
Old 05-12-2004, 07:54 AM

Of the three mentioned I have owned the following:

The order is in terms of quitest with same basic set up:

1. 2002 Hoyt Protec
2. 2002 Matthews Legacy
3 2003 Hoyt Protec(cam & 1/2)
4. 2001 Bowtech Generation 3
Old 05-12-2004, 08:38 AM

I know this is supposed to be limited to those Big Three, but I have had several people, including a Bowtech staff shooter, comment that my bow (Martin Panther Mag) was the quietest they had never heard. I do have a short draw length(26") so that may contribute to it, but I shoot ACC's at 70#.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:31 AM

but I have had several people, including a Bowtech staff shooter, comment that my bow (Martin Panther Mag) was the quietest they had never heard.
Coincidently, I've received the same comment dozens of times, when shooting my Martin Panther Mag. I took extra pains to make it quieter then the normal Martin Panther, but it was very quiet to begin with.

On a side note: I shot a Kodiak for the first time a few weeks ago, and it may be the quietest I've heard yet.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Merlins new max extreme is very quiet allso , depending on what you put on it . Its one of the bows that is so quiet I can tell the sound of a MZE rest on it . Ive got a TT shakey hunter on mine and seriously all I can here is a slight release noise followed by the sound of the arrow , and then the arrow hitting the backstop . The arrow hitting is the loudest of all .
Old 05-12-2004, 04:40 PM

the ones hanging in the closet they never make any noise at all..

Quick Reply: The quietest bow is....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.