Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you all bring up the tree with you?? >

What do you all bring up the tree with you??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you all bring up the tree with you??

Old 10-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default What do you all bring up the tree with you??

I dont know if it has been posted yet, but i was wondering what gear do you take to the stand with you? thanks
Old 10-07-2004, 02:52 PM

Default RE: What do you all bring up the tree with you??

You will probably get 10 different answers from 10 different people.

I have my little headlamp, my limbuck limb saw, my wallet (or just my hunting license), my cell phone (turned off), my tree caddy for my quiver and that is about it.

Depending on where I am hunting, the weather, and how long I plan to be up in my stand, I may take a small bottle of water and a protein shake to take the hunger edge off.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bino's, knife, marking tape. range-finder if in new stand, spare release(came in handy last week) food, drink, pee bottle, sheers, scents, scent remover, pen, spare batteries, flashlights, strap on tree steps to hang pac on.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well...... not counting my bow/release and clothing

I have a small belly pack. In it:

Buck knife, (2) chemical handwarmer packets, small flashlight, The Can, Tru-Talker graunt call, small branch saw, Nikon Laser 400 rangefinder, liceses, a couple mini screw-in pegs, cam-corder, field dressing plastic gloves kit, a candy bar (sometimes 2), The belly pack has a water bottle built in, compas, mini digital clock and depending on time of year, scent products.

Needless to say........that pack gets alittle full, but it does zip!

Good Luck!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

In my pack..

Extra release, pruning shears, saw, Knife, treestand umbrella, light gloves, heavy gloves, head net, fleece hood/hat, folding bow holder, strap on step to hang pack, treestand quiver bracket, pull rope, water bottle, couple granola/candy bars, hand warmers, flashlight, head lamp, extra batteries, walkie talkie, rubber gloves, compass, lighter, toilet paper, SOP safety harness, Tylenol, cough drops, misc scents, scent killer, calls, ect...

Yeah I pack light...
Old 10-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Krispy Kreme's
Old 10-08-2004, 03:55 PM

I have a fanny pack type deal that has extra side pokets and a water bottle on it. in the pack I have: thick shooting mitten type gloves (kind that the mitten folds back and exposes your fingers), Walkie talkie (I hunt within miles of my house other one is turned on on the kitchen table just in case), extra release, bag of trail mix or whatever I plane on snacking on that day, flease ski mask looking thing for my face, pull rope in one of the side pockets, small electronic black jack game, Knife, Folding screw in bow holder maybe stufff i forgot. When I get up in my tree I take off the pack and fasten it to the tree just above where my head will be when sitting in stand.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry my pack filled with all my gear and gadgets that I probably couldn't even name all it's contents. As soon as I raise it to my stand it's hung on an EZE Hanger as well as my optics (rangefinders are worn) and then I raise up my bow and I'm good to go.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not much!!!!! Actually little as possible. I used to take all kinds of things I don't need. I'm over it! What I take is my bow, quiver, buck grunt, the can, cover scent, bino's and rangefinder!
I have a seperate pack in my truck for gutting deer, it has a knife, rubber gloves, towel and 2 water bottles! One with soapy water and one with clean rinse water. If I stick a deer I go back to my truck and drop things off and pick up my gut pack and drag rope! Good luck out there!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:29 AM

It usually depends on when and where I'm hunting and how long I plan on being in the woods. My basic pack usually consists of a bottle of water, cover scent and scent lures, grunt tube, flashlight, and face mask. If I plan on staying in the woods a few hours, I'll pack something to snack on, beef jerky at it's best! I used to pack all kinds of stuff I never used, but I've since decided against it.

Quick Reply: What do you all bring up the tree with you??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.