Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property >

CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Old 10-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Find someone with a couple of big dogs. Tell them you will clean the poo out of their yard for free. Fill 5 gallon buckets with dog crap. Take said buckets to the property late at night. Sprinkle said buckets in a circle around their stands at about a 40 yard radius. Another thing to try is to urinate into a milk jug till it is full and dump the whole jug on their tree, late at night of course.
Yea, if you didn't like your teeth, doing that to my stand or lease would be the best way I could think of to get rid of them[&:]
Old 10-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the shop owner doesn't make good of this, he will pay in spades down the road, somehow. Everything comes full circle.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Find someone with a couple of big dogs. Tell them you will clean the poo out of their yard for free. Fill 5 gallon buckets with dog crap. Take said buckets to the property late at night. Sprinkle said buckets in a circle around their stands at about a 40 yard radius. Another thing to try is to urinate into a milk jug till it is full and dump the whole jug on their tree, late at night of course.
Yea, if you didn't like your teeth, doing that to my stand or lease would be the best way I could think of to get rid of them[&:]
This is recommended only to be used on someone who really deserves it. If the guy is in the right, you gotta walk away of course
Old 10-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is recommended only to be used on someone who really deserves it. If the guy is in the right, you gotta walk away of course
What's right in your opinion and what's right in his opinion may be two very different things. Just keep in mind when you decide to go that route that some folks might roll over and take it and others you may have just provoked the fight of your life. You could be opening up a can of worms that would have been better off staying closed.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's right in your opinion and what's right in his opinion may be two very different things. Just keep in mind when you decide to go that route that some folks might roll over and take it and others you may have just provoked the fight of your life. You could be opening up a can of worms that would have been better off staying closed.
Are you "the guy"?
Old 10-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

yes ya'll are right there are always two sides to a story and this one appears to have some holes in it, if jeff did not know and had no control over the situation my view is different, but if he pulled a fast one on a "friend", he'll get what he deserves.

That is all I'm saying, Silent.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:31 PM

I swear,some hunters are just the biggest cry baby sob's in the world.Seems like thats all I see on hunting forums is a bunch of girliemen sissy ass babies.Oh he hunted too close to me,oh he bought the land and posted it after I hunted there for years,oh now I cant ride my 4 wheeler there anymore.SHUT THE HELL UP.Hunt and have fun.If you dont wanna pay to lease and have no private spots that are free then hunt public land.

But quit your bitchin' Big deal someone leased your land.Yes it happened to me before and I moved on.Now I own my own land.Went in deep in debt,but thats how it goes.Now I gotta put up with all the idiots out there who could care less about posted signs.I even let a friends brother hunt here once and gave him a long talk about how I never let anyone hunt but my own relatives (5) and (1) long time hunting friend.He was invited to hunt on a weekend with his bow when we were not hunting.Turns out he liked the bucks he was seeing and was having his wife drop him off during the week and he was walking in to my land to continue his hunting.

I caught him and he said he thought I had told him it was ok to hunt during the week.Maybe I also told him to have his wife drop him off.He told some local folks I know that he had told me about some big bucks he saw while on my land and thats why I dont want him there.Said I was afraid he would shot them.

Bottom line,way too many hunters out here that are total ******** and crybabies,WAY TOO MANY........

edited for skirting the profanity filter using characters..the next time the post will be deleted.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, the problem today is the attitude of some. Some put their "big buck" aspirations in front of the sportsman's ethic. If you want to lease some land, that is great, and you paid so you have all the rights. I believe that some guys would pull the kind of backdoor theft that is alledged here. I learned many years ago that you gotta keep your yap shut about any sightings or success you have. Where my family hunts, on public land during rifle, is full of the kind of crap attitude that I'm talking about. When any of us gets any kind of decent buck, we gotta wait till pitch dark and sneek it out or the valley where we go will be full of guys come next season. Nobody wants to walk that far in until they see us score a nice buck, then they sleep in the woods to steal our spots, places that we hunt every year whether they produce or not. We don't go squatting on someone elses place when we hear they got a good one. If the shop owner did indeed bid the property out from underneath his customer, he deserves to get some in return. The MANLY way to do it would be to lease it for the next year and post it as such in advance, not come crashing thru the woods on first day barking like a dog at a guy who has put his time in the land legally for years. A pretty sad day when all the nice spots go to the guy with the biggest mouth. I would go back to the landowner and ask him to grant me written permission immaterial to the lease that was sold. Regardless of lease, the landowner is still the boss.

And sometimes the quiet guy is the one that shouldn't be screwed with or teeth may come loose. Let sleeping dogs lie....
Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 PM

And sometimes the quiet guy is the one that shouldn't be screwed with or teeth may come loose. Let sleeping dogs lie....
????????huh
I agree.Way to many lazy hunters.Everyone wants a big buck but few want to work for it.I used to think that these moron hunters were the minority but it just aint so.They are everywhere and in great #'s.
I paid $280,000 for my land in 1994 and to this day I have run ins with these idiots that boo hoo about my land being posted.One local ass told me that he hunted there long before I bought it and he would hunt it if he feels like it.Needless to say I am not nice to any trespassers.And please dont say call the dnr or sheriff because this has been a problem every year and they could care less.I have had these crybabies tell me that they built the stand I caught them hunting in when I am the one who built it.It never ends and although this proshop dealer my have cut in on this fellas land,he is leasing it and that is how it works.Like someone said earlier,the days of free rides are over....
Old 10-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Typical Buck

and this kind of back stabbing crap is exactly why I hunt public ground 90% of the time. I don't want to spend all season policing thieves, cheaters, and poachers. I got a life time license and if it's in season i can do as I darn well please. any body don't like it, can keep on move'n.

My advice if you have a lease, hunt it like it's rented because that's all it is. you don't own it. kill 'em all and move on.

Quick Reply: CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.