Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your odor from that mouth >

Your odor from that mouth

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your odor from that mouth

Old 10-06-2004, 05:57 AM

Default RE: Your odor from that mouth

When you are breathing you are not only giving off sent, but you are projecting it. Your breath is also filled with water vapors that will cause it to travel more concentrated in the wind. One last thing, have you worn a face net? If so, after your hunt smell the part of the net from infront of your mouth. It is a bad smell and will be stronger than any other smell on your body unless you spent the day in 100 degree weather wearing a sweater.
Thats why I worry about my breath.
Stryker777
Old 10-06-2004, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

So what you're saying is, Skoal Straight is not taking care of my breath?

Guys, even if you gargle w/ baking soda and urine, your breath will still develop bacteria over the course of a 3-4 hour stint in a tree stand. Eventually, you'll be giving off some bad breath fumes.

Probably the best thing I've heard so far is to continually apply the Vanishing Hunter throughout the hunt.

I have still not had a deer walk up to me and tell me that the Skoal is bothering them. No offense to anyone, but sometimes too many are trying to take the fun out of hunting.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I rinse with Atsko's NODOR between pinches 'o hagen, or take a bite of an apple and suck on it. It seems to me that breath can travel a good distance beyond bow range, just like body odor. If that buck smells you from the other side of the knoll or from 50 yards away in that thick stuff, you won't get the shot.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:12 AM

I also use the vanishing hunter after I've brushed my teeth.

I love coffee but avoid it when I go hunting mainly because my fingers get cold.

C'mon, if a deer is close enough to smell your breath, shouldn't he have an arrow in him? This topic always blows my mind.
I have a question for you Gryan. A buck is chaseing a doe and the doe gets down wind of you before the buck give you a shot. Would you prefer to be covered?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a product being sold that is gum with chorophyl they want bout eight bucks a pack for it. Supposed to help with body odor as welll as breath. I believe mouth odor can be our main source of odor after taking all other precautions. Apples work for me too.............dabow
Old 10-06-2004, 08:35 AM

I'm a skoal straight man myself. I think deer like the molasses smell.

Gonna try the new apple blend this year.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:35 AM

I agree that breath is a factor. I know that it's the weak link in my system.

I avoid coffee and I floss - gargle w/hydrogen peroxide - brush w/ straight baking soda before I go out. I usuallly eat an apple while I'm hunting. But I stiil would like to do more.

I don't think that it's nessacary to but a scent lock suit (not that I think that they don't work) because I have found that washing everthing in scent free soap and using a spray works. But I have been contemplating purchasing a scentlok mask. I know that it might give me a little more confidence even if it doesn't work 100%.

Has anyone used one of these?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Roman ,
if you're that concerned about your breath go to your local drugstore and buy some chlorophyll tablets for about $4 . If you take them regularly before the season starts , and suck on some while on stand , your odor will be greatly reduced .

You'll also have the prettiest green poo ...
Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 AM

i agree with some of you others, a good old pinch of skoal about all i use.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:50 AM

Gonna try the new apple blend this year.
I was huntin this weekend n had apple skoal n a young doe walked right up to where i had spit earlier and stuck her nose right in it. She wasnt even alaramed or nothing.

Quick Reply: Your odor from that mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.