Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long have you gone without a deer? >

How long have you gone without a deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long have you gone without a deer?

Old 10-05-2004, 04:11 PM

Default RE: How long have you gone without a deer?

I shoot deer every year and thank the good lord after every one of them,I hope to keep that streak going
Old 10-05-2004, 05:20 PM

DeerTale

Didja ever think they's just skeered of ya ?

I've had that problem too, although it's been many years now since I've had a dry spell ... I figure they're just laughin at me now, and playin' "chicken" with each other when I'm around, daring each other to walk past me ....

Seriously, we're all bound to hit a slump sooner or later - hang in there - it's defintely a matter of time !
Old 10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Bowhunting I haven't bagged a deer yet. I should have had the doe I wounded but she disapeared. Now I am hoping to take 2 deer this season, buck and doe. I hopefully will get a shot on a nice 9 pointer that came out just before sunset last weekend (unless a bigger one comes along before I see him again). I hope to get a shot on a decent buck before shotgun season is over, because everybody shoots whatever runs here it seems like. So I am doubting the 9 will make it to next season, but ya never know.
Forgot to say this is my 4th year out bowhunting
Old 10-05-2004, 05:55 PM

Don't feel bad, it's been 7, that's right seven years. And just like you, I take the time to get all my duckies in a row, but whatever can go wrong will. I've had everything from poachers stealing my stand to peole walikng their dogs right through the area, to a group on a nature hike marching through the area. I didn't have access to decent land until a month before the season this year. I kinda stepped in it this year though and everything looks really good. But I look at it this way, a hard fought victory just tastes that much sweeter. And I'm gonna say something that's been on my mind for awhile now> man you guys and gals in the rural parts of this country with access to large pieces of prime habitat that hold tropht animals in a well managed herd have it made>I can't wait til me and the wife settle down and get us some land in the future. Just keep at it, it's gonna happen, you gotta believe.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:47 PM

3 years of archery hunting without a deer. I have shot several doe with the rifle but no bucks to my name. Its rough, 4 years of rifle hunting, 3 of archery and no bucks. I have hunted two days so far in the PA season, saw three bucks, two of them in range to shoot, and i couldnt get a shot at either one....geez, but theres still a lot of season left, not to mention rifle season and then late season also.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

9 days and 17 hours. I can't take it much longer. I NEED to get back to the woods.

I am in earn a buck so I got my doe on the 25th. I still might take another doe if I get a real good chance but for the most part it is buck hunting now. Don't feel bad about not getting one. Before this past one it had been about 5 years.[] Good luck tonight at the orchard. Let us know how you do.
GOT ONE! it wasn't the sweetest shot I've made but the deer is on the bag, just finished butchering it tonight. Two fawns and a doe finally came into the orchard at dusk (it was a windy night). They were munching and crunching away behind branches, so I steped up on my seat and let an arrow fly at a niced sized buck fawn (first buck I've ever shot). It feels great to finally score after a long dry spell. I feel good about shooting the fawn insted of the doe. Can't wait to get out again! All that hard work (and a little luck) finally paid off. I've got so much to be thankful for!

"I'd rather be lucky than good..."
Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my fouth year with out getting a deer. It makes me feel good that I am not the only. I have had a few shoots at some deer, but missed. I have passed up a few deer. Yes, I could have had a few deer by now. I dont shoot any buck smaller than a 6 pointer.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:49 PM

I have gone without a deer since gun season last year -- Nov 23rd to be exact.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:44 PM

Haven't shot one since last Dec. been a dry spell (10 months)
Old 10-07-2004, 05:56 AM

Man are some of you spoiled! I live in western MA..DEER POPULATION = 10 per square mile. I hunt my butt off every year and If...IF.. I can take a deer I do (buck/doe/big or small), because I may not see another for the rest of the season. I went to western NY last year on a bowhunt with some friends from work and saw lots of deer and took a 7 point...I was more than happy with seeing deer consistently...gives ya a reason to sit a little longer. I usually dont take a deer every year...maybe every other....but it makes you appreciate every deer you take and even see....I need to move

Quick Reply: How long have you gone without a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.