Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A near monster buck kill >

A near monster buck kill

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A near monster buck kill

Old 10-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Spike

Default A near monster buck kill

I went out for the evening sit on Saturday. It was about and hour before dark when I heard some noise coming from behind the stand. I turned around to see some squirrels playing in the leaves. About 15 minutes later there was noise behind me again, I thought that it was the squirrels still. The steps sounded like they had some weight to them so I turned around. To the shock of my eyes I saw the biggest buck of my life. This deer was a 16 point nontypical with drops on both sides. The deer took off into the woods before I could grab my bow. I was sick that I didnt look a little earlier. Next time I will look for any noise at all. Thats why is hunting not killing.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A near monster buck kill

I feel your pain.....
Old 10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:@]yaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww that hurts, maybe he'll show again, best of luck
Old 10-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find it Funny, that in that short amount of time, you have the TIME to count 16 points with TWO DROPS..

HAHA

Nice try..
Old 10-05-2004, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree w/Mathewsboy we are not hearing the whole story,or the story was short and embelished.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:22 AM

The deer took off into the woods before I could grab my bow.
IMO rule #1 is to keep your bow in hand at all times. If you're rattleing, hang up the horns as soon as you finnish a sequence and grab you bow.

I remember a similar story last year when a member was cold and couldn't draw his bow. The buck showed up a week later and had a great shot put on him. Keep you head up and bow in hand and if you're lucky you'll get your shot at him.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I find it Funny, that in that short amount of time, you have the TIME to count 16 points with TWO DROPS..

HAHA

Nice try..
I agree w/Mathewsboy we are not hearing the whole story,or the story was short and embelished.
i remember jumping a HUGE buck in canada, the thing must have had 40 regular points and then junk sticking out everywhere, all i could do was stand there jawdropped, anyway thats the best i can remember, AWSOME animal
Old 10-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Near kill how you figure?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow in hands at all times is a bit unrealistic. Having your mind ready at all times is a realistic goal!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow in hands at all times is a bit unrealistic.
How so. I DO NOT hang my bow in the stand. I keep it in my hand with an arrow nocked at ALL times on every hunt.

Quick Reply: A near monster buck kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.