Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Blocker Camo Trust It!!! >

Scent Blocker Camo Trust It!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Blocker Camo Trust It!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Scent Blocker Camo Trust It!!!

guys the Doe i killed Sunday is perfect example how well this Camo works.The wind was Blowing right to her and she still came right infront of my stand giving me a perfect 14 yrd broad side shot.I know the stuff is expensive 140$ for the jacket and same for the pants but when it come to getting the shot at a nice buck its good to know that if i stick to my normal routine of scent control this stuff really does its job.

Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 PM

Default RE: Scent Blocker Camo Trust It!!!

sneekky, i will go even one better i wear scent lok liners and a scent blocker pant jacket suit and i am yet to have a deer catch a whiff of me and if they have they definitely were not startled by what they got a noseful of. carbon suits definitely work my friends i had a buck and a doe walk by my last year at 3 yards (both were young) neither one looked back accept when i moved my bow the doe looked back once.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have used Scent Lok since they first came out with it and would never go in the woods without it. I figure the people who don't believe in it have never worn it.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:20 PM

Alot of us have bills to pay.. Its way way to expensive for me to buy... If you got the money its great but when you don't the hell with it....

GIT R DONE

DIRT POOR REDNECK COWBOY
Old 10-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went the less expensive way. I bought the ScentLok Base Slayer for next to the skin and then I bought the Scent Blocker underlayment in camo but I'll never buy the more expensive outer camo jacket and pants, it doesn't come in ASAT so I'll wear the others under my ASAT 3D wear....I've worn it two days and so far, not winded....tonight I had a buck come in down wind and then bed out in front of me....he stayed a half hour and then got up, stretched and went on his way, again leaving downwind and not scenting me....who knows if it worked or if my scent was above him, either way, I stayed undetected.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never worn it personally, but I have a hard time believing that you will never be winded? Is there anyone out there who has ever been winded with it on? I read that review about how there is no way it could work because of the temp needed to reactivate the garmet which would destroy it. I dunno call me skeptical. One things for sure, I was not wearing it when I shot any of my pope and young bucks.

I am however happy if it makes you all feel happy. Maybe it does work. But my King of the Mountain is expensive enough I dont need more expensive clothes.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

For people who complain about the price...get it on ebay. I have three pairs of pants, two jackets, gloves, head cover, and liner (top and bottom). I bought it all brand new with the tags still attached. For all of it I have paid no more than $300. Remember, thats THREE pairs of pants, TWO jackets, and extras! Trick for me was to buy it after the season. Lots of stores go online to get rid of inventories. Check it out. All of mine is Scent Blocker plus! Great stuff and I don't hunt without anymore.

J
Old 10-05-2004, 12:54 PM

I have 2 pair of scent blocker pants & jackents, I really like them but when it is hot and you swet on your wat to the stand especially in the early season evening hunts you will get busted plain and simple. Once it cools off or on morning hunts it works. I've tried everything when it is hot and nothing works. extremly frustrating!!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never worn it personally, but I have a hard time believing that you will never be winded? Is there anyone out there who has ever been winded with it on?
Hi , my name is Doug and I've been winded.[>:]

I'll waste no more money on something that had an effective life (maybe , hard to prove) of two years. I've had deer anywhere from 5 - 20 yards down wind from me without knowing I'm there this year already and that was without any scent-lok garments.