Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 carbon sent camo, scent lock, sent blocker?? >

carbon sent camo, scent lock, sent blocker??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

carbon sent camo, scent lock, sent blocker??

Old 08-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

Default carbon sent camo, scent lock, sent blocker??

do you use the camo scent suites and do they work and are they worth the $$$$$$$$$$ thanks............................................ .......
Old 08-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Awi

Default RE: carbon sent camo, scent lock, sent blocker??

I think they work, and I use scent lok, but I always play the wind. I have had deer come under my tree downwind ,with scentlok on,But a mature Buck is hard to fool.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

They do indeed work but do youreally want to spend $300 for a jacket and a pair of pants. I bought the scent lok under garments, they are half the price and still help a great deal with scent control. Keeping outer garments washed in hunter's detergent and trying to keep your body scent free are still a must. Don't think you can buy carbon clothing and forget about scent control, it just isn't going to happen.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tbuck300wsm

do you use the camo scent suites and do they work and are they worth the $$$$$$$$$$ thanks............................................ .......
That's the question often asked. People will pay the same price for other clothes. One thing to keep in mind, these are quality garments. The material is first rate. Very tightley woven and tough.

Do they work? Yep! Are they worth the cost? Up to you. I don't pay retail, but then again it sure would take some stress out of my life to be able to just walk into a store and out without needing to hunt for the best deal. They are a lot of money and I don't know if they are that expensive to make or the companies are just taking advantage of peoples insecurities. I hate that myself. They do work though, but are just a help not the, forget everything else, I have my scent... now.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

No , I just add a 50 cent box of ordinary baking soda to the rinse cycle when I wash my cammies . It works just as well , is easily renewed , and never clogs . I have better things to spend my money on than temporary clothing . I've tested carbon suits in field conditions , don't believe the hype . I got busted just as often , especially after the suit aged .
Old 08-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Come on Kevin, you tested them and they failed.

I've never seen you but do have a mental pic of what I think youare like and with that I don't think that was a fair test

Just a joke. I'm kidding, well kind of... No really.I'm thinking if you have an endearment it aint "the sweetness"
Old 08-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Dominant Buck

It isn't my winning smile either ..

I tested the suits after thoroughly washing up with descenting products , avoided contamination , dressed in the field(Brrrr !!!) , and except for one occasion I still got picked off . The suits had stayed in a scent safe bag prior to wearing and were not scented with a cover spray . Carbon just isn't permanent , but it can be renewed as I described if you're using baking soda . The carbon in those suits will clog quickly no matter what the manufacturer says , anyone who owns an aquarium can vouch for this . These days I stick to using baking soda for the cammies and homebrew descenting spray , they work .

This is for you Nodog:

Now you know what a curmudgeon looks like . BTW , the hair gets stuffed up inside my headgear when I hunt , hair holds odors like nothing else . No , I wasn't stoned ...
Old 08-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Typical Buck

I wear them and think that they help alot when used right. I wont just go walking with the wind though. I just think they make the odds of not getting busted by a deer walking by your stand better, Anything that can help is invited by me. And Im not the guy that buys every new thing out, like deer veiw mirrors and things. But I do carry a grunt call, rattling horns and wear scentblocker
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Beautiful man! LOL Now I have a mug to go with your wit! Not stoned! Felt the need to add that did ya!Is that a disclaimer or complaint?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

kevin1, Baking Soda is nothing more then Sodium, Hydrogen, Carbon and Oxygen. It will only neutralize existing oder, it will not prevent the growth of new oder causing bacteria. The apocrine glands produce most oder. Sweat itself has no oder, but when bacteria on the skin and HAIR metabolize the protiens and fatty acids, they produce the oder. Apocrine glands typically end in hair follicles rather then pores. Maybe this is why you got busted.

Quick Reply: carbon sent camo, scent lock, sent blocker??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.