Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the best climber made? >

What's the best climber made?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best climber made?

Old 10-01-2004, 06:28 AM

Default What's the best climber made?

Sorry mods...probably wrong question for this forum, but this is where the most people are, so I thought I pose the question here.

I'm looking for a climber that is easy to use, safe, easy to put up/climb in the dark(for morning hunts), fairly light weight and almost most importantly.....COMFORTABLE(wide seat in length and width)!! I was looking at the Lone Wolf Alpah Sit and Climb, but I think I remember a lot of you fellas use and like climbers from Summit(not sure which one(s) though. Could you let me know what climber you like or would get and a little note as to why? I've never used a climber before, but really see the need for one and would like to maybe hunt a little different than I have been. I don't want to get too crazy in price, but would be willing to spend $$ on a good one that's going to last for years.

Thankyou for the info in advance.

Stump
Old 10-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the best climber made?

on this one you will mostly get opinions, But I would say the best climber made would any thats made in the USA
Old 10-01-2004, 07:14 AM

Eventhough I appreciate your stance on buying USA made product HighDesertWolf....I need actual info.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm a big fan of the loggy climber without the climbing aid. It's a single platform the secures completly to the tree once you lock it on at your hunting height. I hunt at 30'+ and I like he term locked on. You can also use it as a lock-on if needed. I have some areas that I will leave the steps in and use the stand as a lock-on
Old 10-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually this is the right forum...what other forum would you use, it's not technical nor is it a review so, yup, right forum.

That being said, yup your going to get opinions but after seeing and trying most but not all, I personally think the Ol'man line if far superior for packing, transporting, setting up, climbing and comfort than all others. The Summit line would be a close second but after seeing the more difficult packing that takes place with the Summit line vs the folding Ol'man line, I still prefer the Ol'man and it's likely I won't purchase another climber that not an Ol'man....Nothing against the others as there are alot of Summit lovers on the site.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

where is the cheapest place to get ol'man climbers online?

thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 08:22 AM

I previously used the Ol man and liked it, but for a change I bought a Summit Goliath and I can tell you that so far I have noticed that it does bite into the tree better than the Ol Man did. If I had to make a choice between the two I would choose the Summit Goliath. It is so comfortable. Good luck
Whitey
Old 10-01-2004, 08:32 AM

I prefer summits.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:45 AM

Stump Hunter,
I am definitely a Summit Viper man. I bought mine about 3 years ago and love it. As stated before, it really bites into any type of tree which makes it absolutely rock solid. The thickly padded seat and high back are super comfortable which makes falling asleep quite easy The only thing that could possibly mar a perfect score is the fact that the cables can be a little noisey on setup. But with a little practice and patience, you should be able to set up in the dark with very little-even no-noise making. I would only tade my Viper for one other stand and that would be the Goliath-the Viper's big brother. If you want the comfort of an extra wide seat and can spare the money, go with the Goliath. My brother and I both have Vipers and my Dad has the Goliath and I can say for all of us, we couldn't be happier with our choices. Good luck and happy hunting!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM

the ol man is the way to go! it holds you in really good with the rails there and its great to back pack in and out of the woods. the best thing i think i love about the stand is the net seat if it rains or snows your bum isnt wet and you can move the net seat forward and have a reclined tree stand i have fallen asleep many times on this stand its that comfortable.

mo

Quick Reply: What's the best climber made?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.