Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the best climber made? >

What's the best climber made?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best climber made?

Old 10-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's the best climber made?

From my own expirience I like the lone wolf. I like simple and lite. I've tried a few others and my hunting partners laugh as I kick the stand back to the truck. EIther I couldn't get it on the tree right, or by the time I did I had made so much noise that nothing was going to come my way.

The Lone Wolf solved all those problems for me.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have owned several climbers from different manufacturers and I have to say that I am the most pleased with both the Summit Viper and the Cobra. I plan on using the latter tomorrow afternoon (if it doesn't rain) for our season opener here in PA. Both stands are relatively quiet, easy to use and extremely comfortable. Overall weight is on the low end of the mid range compared to what is on the market today. Probably the only aspect I would improve is what was previously mentioned....their packability.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:50 AM

I luv my loggy climber. It's light and easy to pack in and out. Quick set up also. I suggest using the optional climbing aid unless you like hugging trees. The seat is very comfortable with the ample padding.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:59 AM

Tree Lounge! Its a little expensive but its worth the $$$
Old 10-01-2004, 01:37 PM

I appreciate all of the info. Keep the info coming if more guys have more things to add. I now have 3 or so different ones to look at. Summit Goliath, Lone Wolf Alpha and the Old Man line.

Thanks,
Stump
Old 10-01-2004, 04:00 PM

Stump_MN-Hunter, I have the lone wolf sit and climb. I haven't tried any others but I can tell you what I do/don't like about this one. It's light, sets up and takes down very quickly, it's quiet, the belt grips the tree well, and it feels solid when I get to the height that I want to hunt. My only complaints with the stand are that the seat wasn't very comfortable (mine's a couple of years old) but I solved that by buying a foam seat to attach to it. The other draw back is that they are expensive but I bought mine from a guy I know for $200 out the box so that wasn't a factor in my decision. I don't know if I would like the new style seat. I don't know if it gets in the way when climbing or when you want to move it out the way when you are standing. JMHO.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

I used a Loggy Bayou for many years, great stand but I was not real fond of the spring loaded locking system or the climbing aid. Since then I owned an Ol Man Vision, Summit Cobra and Lone Wolf SitnClimb.

Ol Man make good stands, but it was little bit noisey putting up and I hate spring clips, especially in the dark trying to hit the hole and cable end.

Summit is my 2nd choice. The Cobra was a nice stand, but again I found it noisy when attaching the cable and while climbing.

This is my 3rd season using the Lone Wolf and I am totally satisfied! For 2004 Lone Wolf added a very comfortable seat w/backrest. The Lone Wolf is quiet and easier to pack. Its very quiet while climbing and descending. Its solid in the tree. The lugged aircraft cable reinforced traction belt does flex somewhat, but thats why it grips so well....because its not so stiff . I have never, never slipped using the Lone Wolf and I feel totally at ease hunting out of it. In short, I will buy another Lone Wolf climber when I decide to purchase another climbing stand.

The best thing you can do is try them all out if your friends or a pro shop will let you. All the stands listed above have their nuances and its you that needs to be satisfied. Good luck in your choice.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Summit Bushmaster XLS...weighs a mere 17 pounds.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

another vote for ole man stands/climbers, i've done some of my best sleeping in them, ease of use, safe, quiet, and comfortable. btw summit makes a great climber, and i've used plenty, but for all day comfort my ole man has been hard to beat...............if this is your first climber go with a sit and stand type climber, stay away from ones with a hand climber..
Old 10-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Typical Buck

I currently use a BuckShot mag and love it.
Summit and Lonewolf seem to be the most popular on this site.
If you want a better stand than either one, check out the Tree Walker tree stands.
Since I don't own or use one, I can't be biased recommending the Tree Walker!
But , I have seen them at shows and they are tremendous.
IMHO, they are a real sleeper among tree stands.
http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

Sag.

Quick Reply: What's the best climber made?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.