Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lumenocks

Old 09-30-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Lumenocks

Have any of you guys tried lumenocks? To those of you who don't know what they are, they are the arrow nocks that light up when the bow is shot. They seem pretty neat and I am very tempted to get them. They are a little pricey and I just wanted to check with you guys to get some feed back. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lumenocks

I have a couple of them. They seem to work pretty well. After I 1st installed them they were too loose... if you pulled the arrow off the string the nock would stay on the string and not in the arrow. What I did to remedy this was to take a small piece of tape (maybe 1/4" x 1/2") and placed it long ways accross where the black shrink tubing meets the orange nock. This was just enough to snug it up so that they'd fit snugly and not come off... yet still operate correctly. The nock is activated by the bowstring causing the nock to seat against the shaft... then it's turned off by applying pressure to the side of the nock to unseat it slightly. After this modification.. they worked wonderfully.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:50 AM

Ive never bought one but did build one last year for a buddy to see how easy it would be. They are very simple in design.
Code:
                         Battery
                            _____
                           (_____)
                           |     |
                           |     o
                           |    /  Switch  (magnet attached to spring arm to latch with forward momentum)
                           |     |
                           \     /
                              @
                             led
This worked for me. Just used a 3v led. Switch was a piece of flat spring with a small magnet on the end of it. It bent inward. When the arrow moved forward fast, the magnet would catch and the light would stay on till a good jar broke the magnet bond. Cost about $3 including the battery.
Stryker777
Old 09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one. It worked the first time at the target range. Now i can't get the thing to light up to save my life. i'm going to return it.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:07 PM

I don't have a lumenock, but I do have the tracer brand. The are turned on and off bya magnet on your riser. I have had no trouble with them.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using them this season. I've practiced with them a bunch and seem to work great. I'm planning on doing alot of videotaping this season and they shoe up really really great on tape. A buddy used them last year and shot 4 deer with them, the video footage was really cool!

Good Luck!