Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lumenocks

Old 09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default lumenocks

I would just like to know the true purpose of these things. I understand that the light can help you detemrine where your shot went, but I have the same effect with regular nocks. I shoot a fluorescent (sp?) green knock and have no problem determining where my shot hit. Any ideas?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM

Default RE: lumenocks

You won't ever lose your arrow if it gets dark...because the light is so bright. They are also much more easier to see than the regular nocks when you shoot....Let's just say my dad watched me shoot my lumenock arrow the other day, and he told me it looked like a tracer bullet shot out of a gun. Bottom line: more visibility.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM

not usauilly going out and buying gagets but bought one and think there great!!!! shot a doe this morning and they worked great seeing where i hit her!!!!!!! i have found that white has been the best to see the arrow. it doesnt matter what colar with the lumenock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:43 PM

I don't have any, but I want to get some, I've heard nothing but good things. I shoot neon pink outta mine with white fletching, it's not too hard to find unless it's buried in 12" grass like mine was at the 3d archery shoot I was in 2 weeks ago... SHEESH!

Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM

They are pretty nifty. Personally though, I prefer these...

www.archersflame.com
Old 09-26-2006, 07:55 PM

Holy bejeezies Batman, those are bright... not a whole heck of a lot of difference in the price between them and the luminocs either.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:58 PM

The only difference is installation. They have a small dowell pin that you glue inside the arrow to push in the plunger when you shoot it. That plunger turns the flame off and on. Yes, they are VERY bright. I've used both, and the A'sF is twice as bright as the lumenok.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:01 PM

Another option is making your own. I'll be trying this out when my next check comes in the mail, though I can't hunt with them. One of Washington's more ridiculous game laws, nothing electronic is allowed on your archery equipment, which includes arrows.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

How do you turn off the archers flame?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

i got them and they are really awsome. i thought i could see my arrows well but with these its so much easier and i think itll help you from dropping the bow to see the shot. i tried a CX lighted nock first on my wife arrows cause it was right there at wal-mart and it didnt work properly. got a real lumenock and an xnock for myself and i absolutely love it. i also like the idea that i can use a little more camo like fletch or feather and still see the arrow cause when you have birght fletch and esp with wraps they do stick out.

Quick Reply: lumenocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.