Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cant figure it out need some help bedding zone >

cant figure it out need some help bedding zone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cant figure it out need some help bedding zone

Old 09-30-2004, 06:26 AM

Default cant figure it out need some help bedding zone

Hey guys and gals i always have trouble finding out the deer beding area. i am hunting this little spot. heres what it looks like there are a set of power lines that lead to a small patch of woods the woods is like a square in the center of the land there is a swamp and on one side of the land there is the small power lines (thats how i get in). and then a highway on one and the other 2 sides have houses. i was thinking about hunting the edge of the swamp next to the high way. there are some oak trees there ready to drop some food. i walked in there 2 days ago and jumped a deer right where i was putting my stand. i dont think they bed there much but he or she was.

What do you guys think or how can i find where there bedding area is?

mo
Old 09-30-2004, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cant figure it out need some help bedding zone

You can just bust in there and try to find the beds. Beds are usually easy to see in grass or swampy stuff. Are there humps of dry land in the swampy areas? Deer love those. Getting late now to do that, but you could if you only go once and don't mess around. Just cruise through without stopping.

Unless you saw the deer rise from a bed (maybe you did), you really can't be sure it was bedded. It may have been moving or feeding.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: cant figure it out need some help bedding zone

If there is a spot where you can watch the deer come out at night,sit there.See where the deer come out and back track to their bedding area. A good time to do this after the season ends,especially if there is snow on the ground.

They are proably bedding in the thickest area around BTW.