Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 just a little bit late >

just a little bit late

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just a little bit late

Old 09-29-2004, 08:30 PM

Default just a little bit late

i wish i could have got to the stand about 30 minutes earlier today.... i get out of school today and think "today's a good day to hunt" so i hurry home n grab my bow n clothes n head out to my stand. It's about 430 as i'm entering the woods trying my best to be quiet as i hurry to my stand i see white flags all around my stand... deer are going everywhere, so i stand there trying to be as still as possible and a little four pointer is standing there looking at me at about 28 yards away. Although he knows im there he goes about his business so i knock up an arrow n get ready to draw, again he looks right at me, i'm starting to think i'm busted but again he puts his head back down and starts to walk away, so im starting to get worried about not getting a shot so i go to full draw and about the time i pull the trigger on the release he raises up again and the arrow goes soaring under him. As the arrow goes crashing to the ground i see 3 other does along with the little buck go running. so needless to say im rather PO'd. so i go find my arrow and start to climb up in the tree and i see two big does on the ridge behind me with their tails up and snorting and blowing at me... so i guess i was a little bit late today...i usually like to get in my stand by 330 or so in the afternoons how about you others?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Default RE: just a little bit late

Don't you just love days like that! Sounds like you have a great spot and don't worry you'll get another chance.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah where's that stand at?.........I'll keep it warm for ya while you're in school.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:09 AM

yes its definately in a good spot, i got a nice 10 last year out of the same stand at the beginning of the rut and i see deer almost every time i sit down.