Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need the help of someone in the industry badly >

I need the help of someone in the industry badly

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need the help of someone in the industry badly

Old 09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default I need the help of someone in the industry badly

Anyone who can help me out here, I have a Bear TRX (36 inch version) and the black piece that goes over the cable slide bar holding the shock stopper is cracked almost all the way through. I talked to the pro shop today and they said I need to come in and order it and it may take 2 weeks or more to get in. If anyone here has the ability to get it to me a little quicker it would be greatly appreciated. I will obviosuly pay whatever shipping is necessary. It is 2 weeks into the season here in wisconsin and I dont want to have to worry about this.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/archery-...bearbrtrx.html

Please send me a PM or reply in this thread if you can help me. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I need the help of someone in the industry badly

Just order a standard cable slide out of Cabela's or if your local stores have a standard cable slide and do away with the shock stopper until that unit comes in. The slide with the stopper on that bow is just a glorified cable slide and not necessary to the performance of the bow itself. A standard slide should work fine until your replacement comes in.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need the help of someone in the industry badly

I have a TRX 32 and mine did the same thing , try these guys they might have one in stock. http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/ Mine did come with an ordinary cable slide and I used that until the shock stopper came in, just put some string silencers on it and you'll be fine till the shock stopper comes in. I did find that my bow had a little more vibration without it. The guys at thr pro shop kept telling me to trash the stopper , that I wouldnt get good arrow flight yada yada yada. I toled them just give me what I asked for, I didnt come in here asking for advice. I told them I scored a 292 out of a possible 300 on a 30 target 3D course, i said hows that for arrow flight, just order the thing for me and let me be on my way. sometimes the shops really piss me off.