Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio Opener Oct 2 >

Ohio Opener Oct 2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio Opener Oct 2

Old 09-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ohio Opener Oct 2

Ok well the PA guys got a thread, so we gotta have one too.

Who is ready and chomping at the bit? Where ya going? Anyone headed to Highlandtown ?

I will hunt in the morning, gear all ready, mentally ready, will still shoot everynight this week but I know I'm ready.

The only set-back is I can't hunt the evening hunt on Saturday as my neices have thier birthday party. but as the favorite uncle I gotta go..besides I have all season.

I might try and get me some permission to another local farm tonight.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ohio Opener Oct 2

Saturday morning will not get here soon enough!! Everything is done except for a non scent rewashing of the clothes I wear under my secnt suits but that is it. Still shooting every night and waiting for saturday. I hunt in Van Wert Co. in NW Ohio. Things are looking really good here! Good luck and saftey to all my fellow Buckeye bowhunters!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

I am mentally ready, but still have a stand or two that I want to hang this week. I have three up and ready to go though. Seems to be alot of foliage this year, must be cuz of the wet spring and early summer. Not seeing a whole ton of beech nuts or acorns either.

http://www.totalsportsman.com/forum/default.asp
Old 09-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot to add that I am in Geauga County, NE Ohio.

http://www.totalsportsman.com/forum/default.asp
Old 09-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure if I will get to hunt the opener.My brother is having an auction on Saturday and needs my help.I think I can get out in the evening if things go along smoothly.Best of luck to all.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you kiddin me, this is all i live for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it wasnt for hunting i dont think i would be alive!!!! Woods are green, i do like the cold mornings, i hope it dont rain on opening day. I will be in brown county on st rt 52, and then highland county off of st rt 32. Man i have been watin to get all my gear ready, its kinda a ritual for me the night before. I start a fire, lay all my stuff out, throw me a dip in, drink a beer, and watch a deer video and be in bed by nine, even though i wont sleep all night!

Old 09-28-2004, 09:50 PM

Not going to get to go saturday, but can't wait till monday morning. This will be the first time out in 12 years. Thought I was done hunting back then, but a buddy bought a new bow last year and I just had to dig out my old one. One year later have new bow, stand and camos, (funny how the ones I wore back then don't fit anymore ) Wife wishes I'd never seen that bow last year .

Will be hunting southern Ohio
Old 09-29-2004, 02:00 AM

Cant wait!!!! Hunting a buddys land that buts into Paint creek got 2 stands up already gonna put the 3rd in tomorrow and iam seeing tons of acorns.

Old 09-29-2004, 07:32 AM

Ready and waiting...not so patiently. Weather is supposed to stay cool. Have never hunted opening day. Just took up deer hunting 2 yrs. ago but had a better engagement at the time for that opening day...my marriage. I hunt the flats of west central OH...Mercer Co....Do hope to get down to Brown Co. also....hopefully late Oct. early Nov. Good luck to all.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The black widow is ready and he will be looking for a victim!

Quick Reply: Ohio Opener Oct 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.