Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this sound ethical to you! >

Does this sound ethical to you!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this sound ethical to you!

Old 09-27-2004, 07:54 PM

Default RE: Does this sound ethical to you!

You could sit in your stand and your buddy sit in his. This way the two of you should be able to take first dibs on any deer that enter into this area from either side. The problem is if the deer goes by this guy's stand before they come by either of ya'll's.

Or just move your stands and see if he follows. Maybe he likes hunting with others. ha

Good luck
Old 09-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you and your hunting partner have him boxed in, if your on the same trail. One of you will get the shot before the animal gets to him. Just make sure you are in the stands first. That's about all you can do when someone moves in to your area. Don't get upset, get the buck.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:22 PM

If its not your own property, I don't know if you really can do much. First off, try giving him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he didn't see your stand. If its a good spot, he may be every bit as good a hunter as you all for finding the location. Yes, I would really be bothered having a guy put his stand up this close to mine, I wouldn't respond well, and I'd probably just move. Even still, try the scheduling out, maybe you'll both get really nice deer and maybe you can be friends. After all, he's demonstrated that he can find a good place to hunt, and he may be a good guy. Look at the bright side, and maybe you all can get some other good places to hunt. Look to make friends in the woods, not enemies...Still, I feel for you cause when you get that honeyhole, it feels really good and to have someone else find it stinks. Good luck
Old 09-27-2004, 08:27 PM

[&:] Whenever he calls, make it a point to go hunt your stand...
Old 09-27-2004, 08:29 PM

i'd go pee all over the tree his stand is in, trying not to get too much on his seat. then i'd pee a trail for the deer to avoid leading to his stand. then i'd go to the barber shop and get a bunch of hair and bury it in a 20 yd circle around his tree just under the leaves or grass. jk
Old 09-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Hey maybe when you get one, you could put the gut pile in his stand.Naw just kiddingHe may have made an honest mistake.I would probably let him know how crowded it could be, and don't hem- haw around , ask him if he wouldn't mind you helping him find another location to set up.Let him know that hunting so close could blow either one of your opportunes.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:31 PM

If everyone has permission to hunt the land, then everyone can go where they want. If someone is willing to move if you want to be there, be dang glad! Just because a wooden ladder is placed next to a tree, it doesn't mean "all stay away". Buy a climber and don't allow others to see where you are.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM

Jetblast you sound like a kid on the playground[8D] Only crappy hunters pull those kind of stunts. I swear I see so much of that sh@# it drives me nuts. I used to have a buddy that used to pull that on me fishing. I would catch a nice fish, turn around to take a pee, and there he would be, right in my spot.
And it would have to be very overgrown not to see two tree stands in one area. Stunts like that are part of the reason I quit gun hunting. I figured with bow you had to have more skill and wouldn't have so many hanger ons. Of course I was wrong.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Easy Fix! Threaten to give the daughter back to your father-in-law if he doesn't go your way!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Move your stand and make that your official poopin spot.

Quick Reply: Does this sound ethical to you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.