Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My ROOKIENESS SHINED THRU!!!!! >

My ROOKIENESS SHINED THRU!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My ROOKIENESS SHINED THRU!!!!!

Old 09-27-2004, 11:25 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My ROOKIENESS SHINED THRU!!!!!

Great story!! Wished you had gotten your elk but from the sounds of it, the hunting was just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Tim
Old 09-28-2004, 04:50 AM

sounds like you guys had a great time.hope you get a chance on your next hunt good luck.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

So let me get this straight.... You missed something the size of a small bus at 12 1/2 yards?? This from a guy that shoots dimes at 20 yards and gnats on good days at 25? YUP, it sounds like you were perfectly calm and relaxed alright.[8D] YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO OPEN YOUR EYES!!!! Nyuck NYyuck Nyuck.

BUT Alas, I wish I could say I've never suffered from such brain farts. Unfortunately.... I have the memories burned in my brain to remind me how dumb this sport can make you feel at times. Hell of a lot of fun though isn't it???? Great story.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:08 AM

Old 09-28-2004, 10:24 AM

Well pat bud like i say elk are a tough customer to handle if you have never hunted them before . I spent 3 years of my youth figuring out the critters and eating my tag each year, but finally I think the case is solved. But as you mentioned the elk would have been just a bonus. The thrill of the elk hunt for myself is just being out there, having them screamin at you from 70 yards away. It gives you a rush like nothin else. Sounds like shed was a great host and made ya guys feel right at home. Don't feel bad one minute about that miss bud, you never elk hunted before and you seemed to pick things up quicker than most people. Most others would not have even had your opportunity. Ya hadem in close and screaming, ya can't beat that with a stick. good luck in your future elk hunting pat.......
Old 10-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

I'll tell ya it's hard to put into words what that experience was actually like. It seems as though I may have done a pretty good job of it though by the replies I have read.
Yes Davidmil, I messed up and can admit it . AFter talking to some people on the way back from elk hunting and them telling me that they didn't hear any let alone see em or even have em in bow range, I felt even more fortunate for the experiences I had.
I got to see my first Big Horn sheep in the wild on this trip adn they were comical in watching them run across the face of a cliff as if though it were us running thru our living room. It was hard to take it all in, Just makes ya realise what the old addage means, to stop and smell the roses.