Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ram Mount Bow Camera??? >

Ram Mount Bow Camera???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ram Mount Bow Camera???

Old 09-25-2004, 04:09 AM

Default Ram Mount Bow Camera???

Does anyone on here use or know someone who uses a Ram Video camera mount on their bow. I have one, but have not had the guts to stick my camera on there yet for fear of what the bow recoil might do to the camera. Just wondering if any one has any experience w/ these , and if they are camera friendly. My wife will kill me if I ruin our camera trying to film a bow kill.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ram Mount Bow Camera???

Just got one and will sell it right now if anyone is intrested.
I used it with a sony cam, did not hurt the cam any but the weight is a killer, plus, after the shot, as the bow falls forward, it drops the shot out of view. I filmed myself shooting the tracer arrow nocks, the bow falls forward so fast it could not even catch the flight of the arrow. I will just stick to the modified tree type of cam holder. My best advise for you would be to buy a cheap tripod, ($18 at Walmart) and take the top swivel off that colds the camera and mount it to your stand. Thats what I have done.

~Ben