Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 realtree ez hanger >

realtree ez hanger

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

realtree ez hanger

Old 09-24-2004, 06:32 PM

Default realtree ez hanger

does anyone use this? this looks like a great bow holder. i like how you can hang the bow and it be out in front of ya. That way you don't have to turn around and reach for your bow and keep your movement to a minimum. Just wondered if anyone uses this and if they like it?

Just wanted to add how great this site is! I've been on other forums and this is by far the easiest to navigate and has a great group of hunters with great info. Just wanted to say thanks for makin such a great site! C. H.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: realtree ez hanger

I used it all last year and it held the bow great (3 tier version). It wouldn't hold a muzzleloader, so if your bow is as heavy as a 45 caliber Hawkins flintlock you may want to consider something else
Old 09-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Been using them for a couple years now and love them!! Just bought another from Cabelas in Dundee. I wraped the end by the hook with fleece to keep any noise from the bow down and it works great.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a cheaper one (non realtree), it was much lighter then the realtree. it doesn't look as heavy as it is.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah they work really good. I have a two piece (one hinge) and a three piece (two hinge) and they work good. In fact, they work so good I built 30 of them myself. I have about 25 permanent portable stands in the woods and each on has on I built in it. I think it saved me $550 bucks. The materials/camo paint cost me about $45 to built 30.

I would like to make a really good light on out of aluminum for use with my climber or any odd places I go. Gotta go.........I hear my workbench calling!

Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

I've used one for two years now, and it has been outstanding. I like how the bow is out in front of you. Well worth the money you spend for it, IMO.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:21 PM

I have two, I love them. Both are two piece, one is the shorter one, the other is the longer one. Mine will support my inline that weighs over ten pounds. You have to screw them all the way into the tree like the directions say. It doesn't hurt to set them up so the weight is forcing the screw into the tree either.

Paul
Old 09-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using mine for the last couple years and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's definatly awesome and keeps my bow where I need it. Some land owners and public lands don't allow screw in appliences, so be careful where you use it.

My father-in-law actually modified his with arrow holders glued on. so he hang his arrows right on the ez hanger..

good stuff.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:48 AM

I use the Gorilla version sold at Wal-Mart for $7.50. So far I like it. I tried the Realtree one a few years ago and had the little hooks fall right off like they were not welded good.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:14 AM

I too have thought about buying one till looked at one, went too work building a few ..Work great so give one a try you'll like it .
It's well worth the investment or time and satisfaction to build..
As stated there are three different styles to choose from one or all three
may fit your needs or comfort..
So give one a try ..
MrBill