Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long?

Old 09-21-2004, 05:02 PM

Default How long?

Hello all,I was just wondering how long it took you to trust your string loop and trust that it isnt going to come off in the middle of your draw?I just got mine and put it on and i gotta tell ya i was a little iffy about it.But im getting to where i trust it now,lets just hope i tied the knots the right way
Old 09-21-2004, 05:06 PM

Default RE: How long?

It well take a little while but i think you well like very much once you get used to it .
My arrow filght got a lot better once i put one on.
Hey this is my first reply under my new name.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:08 PM

glad to see your first reply was under my thread lol
Old 09-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it took me about 10 shots. Once I got a few off I just didn't think about it any more. Everyone is different. Just shoot it lots and you will be fine.

Hey this is my first reply under my new name.
New Name? Who were you before?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

just wondering how long it took you to trust your string loop and trust that it isnt going to come off in the middle of your draw?I just got mine and put it on and i gotta tell ya i was a little iffy about it.
I've been shooting with one for 1 1/2yrs and had one come untied while release was hooked and another one come untied while drawing back and punched myself in the lip[:@], I didn't tie it a young kid at the shop did, another guy tied a new one for me, took about 2 months before I felt comfortable again.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:23 PM

I've been tying loops on for about 6 years now and I never really think about it. I never had one come off yet. I'm sure that one day something could fail and I'll smack myself in the mouth. Oh well.....
Old 09-21-2004, 06:43 PM

I tied mine on myself and superglued the knots and the first shots I was kinda scared, but after a couple shots I trusted it and its been fine ever since.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:06 PM

When I first tied one on I was very watchful and a little sceptical but i continued and was very comfortable within a very short time.
I am shooting better than off the string , it is now second nature to look
over the loop for a good inspection prior to every shooting session and during..
Have had no problems using or issues with the loop, this is my second season shooting with it..
So just make part of the ritual bow inspection prior to every outing or shooting session ..
Enjoy
Mr Bill