Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 over rated "mathews" >

over rated "mathews"

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

over rated "mathews"

Old 09-21-2004, 06:15 PM

Default over rated "mathews"

How many people who have shot matthew and other bows think that Mathews is selling a name. This is not to down Mathews its just that thier expensive. I have seen them shot but some people just seemed stuck on the name Matthews.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:26 PM

Default RE: over rated "mathews"

mathews is a nice bow period and the name sells some of them but my nephew has a outback and its a smooth shooting bow. i tested one out earlier this year and the one i test shot had i think a bearing in the roller guard was sticking.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:26 PM

I have never really like the Mathews line. Maybe its just because of all the hype because I'm sure they are a good product. There are just too many people telling me that I have to get a Mathews. Im more then happy with my Parker and my new Bowtech. I just dont ever see myself shooting a Mathews. Of course this is only my 2 cents.....
Old 09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think mathews is one of the top bows, not saying its the best just sayin its up there. i personally own a mathews lx and wont trade it for anything. as far as overrated goes..i dont think so i just the they are over advertised
Old 09-21-2004, 06:58 PM

I dont see myself ever buying a matthews. Personally, I love split limb bows. I have shot my friends outback, it seems way to stiff and is very heavy. Dont like them at all. Im more of a hoyt guy.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:01 PM

My Legacy feels perfect, I love everything about it. I shot a bunch and can honestly say this was/is the bow for me. The pricetag did hurt my pocket book though, along with my 3 doz. arrows and other gizmos I just "had to have". All well worth it in my opinion
Old 09-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Mathews became a big name due to Matt Mcphersons innovations. Almost all the other bow companies pay royalties to him for the single cam system, that they put on there own bows themselves. Other innovations like, paralel limbs are another feature you see more and more. Mathews changed the face of modern archery equipment.
This has spawned other compaines to push the envelope in the name of competetion.
I own a Mathews and just purchaced a new BowTech . I think Bowtech is one of those compaines that is giving Mathews a real run for the money.
Mathews is heavy into advertisements (very heavy)so I can see why It can all seem like hype, some of it may be but thats not to take anything away from the fact they still make top of the line bows.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:10 PM

I bought a new bow this past year. After trying out a Hoyt Xtec, Mathews LX and Outback, Champion, and Bowtech Extreme VFT. I chose the Mathews LX. It felt better to me and I am very comfortable with it. The Hoyt Xtec and Supertec were a close second. I hope to get an Xtec or Supertec by next March. I like the Mathews bows. I certainly don't think they are overrated!!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Fred Bear bow..and I got a few kills with it. This summer...I decided to get a new bow. I shot about everything out there...but when I fired an Outback..I was sold right there. It shot so SMOOTH...I was sold.

I got a great deal on my bow...and a couple of my friends who owned other Mathews and Bowtech bows got jealous. The next week when we went to shoot..they pulled out Outbacks from their cases.

[8D]
Old 09-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blind loyalties are interesting to study. Take Harley Davidsons as an example. For years they were junk compared to their foreign competition. They may be as good now but it is still the good feeling one gets belonging to something special in ones own mind. I own a Matthews fx and am happy with it. They build a quality product but I am sure there are several quality bow manufacturers now and one could purchuse a less expensive bow and be just as happy..................Dabow

Quick Reply: over rated "mathews"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.