Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowhunting ground blinds >

bowhunting ground blinds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunting ground blinds

Old 09-14-2004, 08:40 PM

Default bowhunting ground blinds

Im new to this forum so hello to everyone. I live in Upstate New York and am considering buying a ground blind to incorporate into my hunting. I was wondering if anybody could tell me about there experiences with ground blinds good or bad. Also what are the best blinds for bowhunting. Carbon scent control blinds? What about the shoot through screens? Wouldnt that knock and arrow of course? Thanks for any help
Old 09-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: bowhunting ground blinds

i have a blind i hunt from and seem to kill more deer on the ground than from a tree these days. don't know about scent control but get a blind big enough to draw back in. also never used my shoot thru screen , just seems that it would knock the arrow off a little to me too!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the boards. As for a pop up blind I have not used one for deer. I have taken more deer on the ground then from a tree but I always make do with what is around. I know there will be several people on here that can help you.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:06 PM

This is one of the reasons I want to give blind hunting a chance. Its kind of a bad picture because it was almost dark, but I've been scouting this guy out for the last few days and there are some ideal locations to set up for him just not any good stand locations.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a monster. Play the wind for your best bet on the ground. Where is he located at?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

No kidding thats a 160" what a beast! Good Luck.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:37 PM

Yes, he certainly would be a good deer to draw on. Now if I would be able to hit him or not with my hands shaking and sweat running in my eyes would be a different story wihunter402: He's located up here in dairy country of Oneida county in upstate new york
Old 09-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a pop-up blind. I killed a antelope doe @ 20-yards out of mine last Friday. I use the shoot thru screens & have not had a problem with them.
Before you buy a pop-up blind get in it & see what it feels like to you? If I could do it again I would buy a taller blind with larger windows.
I looked at double bull archery blinds but settled for a cheaper make. Look at double bull blinds & any others that you can find. The Double Bull blind I looked at sold for $235.00. The blind I bought sold for $129.00. I wish I would have spent the extra money, for the extra room.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:38 PM

That is a monster buck!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:04 AM

Wow, that's a prehistoric buck right there! The only experience I've had in a ground blind is during the spring turkey hunts. I saw plenty of deer, and they didnt' like it one bit. They never outright ran from me, but sure as hell knew something was there. For the record though, scent was probably pretty bad. It was sold as a stinky turkey blind, and never treated.

The Trashcanman

Quick Reply: bowhunting ground blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.