Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you Practice with Broadheads or Fieldpoints? >

Do you Practice with Broadheads or Fieldpoints?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you Practice with Broadheads or Fieldpoints?

Old 09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you Practice with Broadheads or Fieldpoints?

I was just wondering who practices with their broadheads and who doesn't. I personally shoot my fieldpoints all summer and then in September I start shooting my broadheads a little. But if they're shooting dead on I'll go back to my fieldpoints and get my broadheads ready for the season. So what do you'all do?
Old 09-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you Practice with Broadheads or Fieldpoints?

I shot the FP's all summer. About 2 weeks ago I got everything sighted in with the BH's. Now I shoot the FP's just to stay in shape. I have one arrow that was shooting right with my hunting arrows at the cabin with the practice BH on it. I will just shoot that everytime I go up just to make sure all is shooting good.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:18 AM

I shoot my broahdeads all the time. I sacraficed one broadhead from a new package and i shoot that broadhead on all my arrows. I hear all the time that broadheads should fly the same as field points if the bow is properly tuned but i just feel alot more confident if i know exactly where that broadhead is goin to shoot. I guess it just gives me confidence and reassurance.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I pretty much only practice with my total hunting set up year round including fixed broadheads.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:27 AM

Basically i shoot a combination of arrows, and since my homemade box doesn't like my broadheads with the razors on, i leave them off and shoot the broadheads bare.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to keep a 50/50 ratio between broadheads and field points.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:38 AM

I shoot both, but there is never much difference
Old 09-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I mainly shoot FP's up until a few weeks before the season. I'll tune my BH's to fly to same imapact point. Determine what BH/arrow combination flies best to hunt with and set them aside. I'll still keep a few practice BH's to shoot during the season.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:49 AM

I shoot field points up until a month before the season. I then switch to only broadheads. Shoot muzzy's so just buy a extra set of blades to switch to to hunt with.

The main reason I switch is that I have found that some arrows shoot better than others with broadheads. I start with a dozen or so arrows and find the 4 or 5 that shoot the best then rank them 1... 2... and so on. I then shoot them at deer in that order.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:49 AM

I do the same as you gutshot. I shoot field points for practice and when the season gets near I get the BH tuned and flying well. Then I go back to field points for practice and obviously shoot BH when hunting.

Quick Reply: Do you Practice with Broadheads or Fieldpoints?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.