Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cold Weather Boot >

Cold Weather Boot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cold Weather Boot

Old 09-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cold Weather Boot

I all my year I have not found a boot to keep my feet warm.. I have tried all the crap. What boots have you had the best luck with and type of socks or no socks. Wool, poly. any feedback would be great. Mark I don't want cold feet anymore. [&:]
Old 09-12-2004, 08:06 PM

Default RE: Cold Weather Boot

I've tried several different boot and sock combinations myself and nothing has worked yet. What I'm going to try next though, and I think will work is to buy boot blankets from Cabela's. They have a few different types, I just wouldn't recommend the Arctic Shield brand. They sound high tech etc. but I had a pair of their gloves which uses the same technology as the boot covers which is basically a foil type liner. And they were junk. Crinkly loud, no durability and no difference in warmth compared to other gloves, maybe less warm. The Cabela's IceBreaker brand boot blankets look like they would be the warmest. The only problem is you have to carry them out to the woods with you and then put them on. But if they keep your feet warm it would be worth it.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

When the weather outside is frightful... (hey, isn't that a song?)... I turn to Sorel. I have a pair of their lighter pack boots with the natural rubber lowers that are rated for -25 degrees. They work very well on long sits, but can turn into real ovens if you plan to do any amount of walking. My feet get cold fairly easy, yet I haven't needed to leave a stand due to numb toes while wearing the Sorels.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

What type of Sorels do you have a model or type. I need something. Mark
Old 09-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

you might think this sounds crazy but it WORKS your feet get cold because of sweat and evaporation if you use non sented spray deodorant your feet will stay much warmer much longer just start spraying your feet a couple of weeks before the cold weather hits
of course a good pair of boots are helpful but no matter what if yor feet sweat they are going to get cold
Old 09-13-2004, 06:21 AM

I have a pair of Steger Yukon Moosehide Mukluks and they are by far the warmest boots ive had

http://www.mukluks.com/index.shtml
Old 09-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wear Army Surplus Mickey Mouse boots. The first time I tried them I through my Sorels in the garbage. I have sat out in -25 for ten hours on a bucket ice fishing and my feet never got cold. Sit in stands for hours and hours and never had to think about my feet.

Usually can find them for about $65 dollars new. Makes me chuckle when I hear people saying they spend $175-$200 dollars for boots.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

I know Sevcrist had a bad experience w/ the Arctic Shield gloves, but I bought their boot covers last year and definitely have no complaints. Best $45 I've ever spent. There are other brands out there that probably work just as good...don't know, haven't tried anything else. But I can tell you the boot covers I used last year kept my feet warm.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Spike

I second the boot blankets from Artic sheild... I started wearing non-inslated boots and adding the boot blankets when I get on stand... Worked with the temps were in the single digits...
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Makes me chuckle when I hear people saying they spend $175-$200 dollars for boots.
Then you'd really have a good laugh at me since I'll only wear Danners. $175-200, that's cheap to me.

About the warmth. Try getting a pair of sock liners and some cold weather socks from Thorlo. I prefer staying away from the wool, I'd rather have synthetic fabric.

Also, if you are sitting in the stand all day, then I'd also agree to get some boot blankets. Although I have never used them. But I usually do not hunt in sub-zero weather.

Quick Reply: Cold Weather Boot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.