Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bicycles, Binocs, and glasses >

Bicycles, Binocs, and glasses

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bicycles, Binocs, and glasses

Old 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bicycles, Binocs, and glasses

Awesome, I've been looking for info like this for awhile. Are those the holders you can get at Wal-Mart? And did you have to make any modifications?

That's cool.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:52 PM

Bought them at Bass Pro in St Charles. No mods at all they work great.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, I'll be out that way Sunday. I've got a quad, but I won't use it for hunting. The property I lease, is not big enough where I need it.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

That is Wicked Sweet!!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:45 PM

Sharkey,
That's a pretty awesome looking cart. I'd like to have something like that myself. Real cool.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bike/trailer combo Sharkey! A man after my own heart.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

This post reminds me of a project I had going for a short time last year.

Have any of you Summit treestand owners figured out a way to modify the stand so that it becomes the deer cart? I envision adding a set of wheels to either side of the stand and a hitch for the bike. You could bungee your bow, backpack, and eventually your deer to the stand.

It sure would be nice to ride across the 7 mile state game land road near me where NOONE likes to walk to. The deer back there are unmolested and ripe!

On the binocular note, I use those fancy binocular straps that they sell to alleviate nech ache and they work great. I have a big goony pair of binos that I use (cause I can't afford to buy a nice small set) and they stay well out of the way when I'm shooting. I've tried them on the 3D course many times.

That's a nice cart akaSharkey.....maybe I should concentrate my efforts of attaching the hitch and wheels to a similar bed like yours.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:14 AM

About your binos.... I use the chest strap. It's made from elastic webbing and keeps the binos right in front. I wasn't too sure about it when I first started using it- thought it was another gadget. But this gadget really works. Since your binos are always right next to your body it avoids that big swing when you stand up. I know Eagle Optics sells them but probably so will Cabelas and Bass Pro. Cool bike set up.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have also thought about using my bike this year. It can make my half mile trip faster, maybe even a little quieter and it won't leave near as much scent on the ground!!
Old 09-10-2004, 08:18 AM

Nice cart I use one of them carts made for two kids to be pulled behind a bike it works good for getting my stand and gear in and back a deer w/ my gear is too much I have to do one at a time.

Quick Reply: Bicycles, Binocs, and glasses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.