Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climber for a beginner? >

Climber for a beginner?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber for a beginner?

Old 09-05-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Climber for a beginner?

What is a climber would you recomend for someone who has never used one? I want to buy a climber that is light and packs flat so I can walk long distance with it. It also has to be fairly easy to use. The lone wolf hand climber looks simple and it is very light, but it is pretty expensive, has anyone used the hand climber? Thanks for the input.

Bowhunter_45
Old 09-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climber for a beginner?

In my opinion a sit and climb model are easiest to use for a beginner. Hand climbers are nice but really give your upper body a workout. Summit and API make good stands. Summit is probably the most popular brand on the market at the moment. But I have not seen any stand that can rival the Lone Wolf climbers.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with JeramyK on a sit and climb climber.....That mentioned, my ex wife is very little, just under five foot and about 100 pds......she easily used the Original Ol'man climber........I recommend it to everyone....FYI, she had trouble with the Summit line although a great stand.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

As others have said, a sit and climb is easier to climb with, although most of us who started using climbers way back when, probably used a climber that depended on your upper body to pull yourself up.

For a folding model, I do highly recommend the Lone Wolf....but they are expensive. Summit, Ol Man, and Loggy Bayou make good stands too.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:02 PM

I agree that a sit and climb is the best for beginners. I am an owner of a Tree lounge and they are a little pricy but you will be amased at how easy they are to climb with and how safe they are while climbing and while hunting. Good luck and good huntin'!