Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Expected Happened!!! >

The Expected Happened!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Expected Happened!!!

Old 09-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default The Expected Happened!!!

I went to retrieve my game cam today to remove it for fear of theft from "hunters" scouting, and you guessed it....... It was GONE!!!
I new I was pushing my luck keeping it up till now but thought I couid wait till the first weekend of Sept. but I guess I was wrong again.
I also hung my stand but it I locked to the tree at 20 feet and removed my steps. Hopefully it will still be there.

What bothers me more than losing the camera is the thought of someone else seeing the deer on the film that I know are there, and wondering if they will try to take my spot come opening day.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Expected Happened!!!

I got a suggestion..... How about rigging the next camera with explosives Hold on, I was just kidding! I had one stolen out of my back yard once. The neighbor was letting a relitive cross my properety to get to where he bow hunts. I think he took it, cause a week later I get up to go to work and some one had brought the camera back and put it on the front seat of my truck sometime during the night. My guess is that when I asked the neighbor about it, he called his relation and told him to give it back. They never admitted taking it and I never said anything after getting it back. Funny part is, the film was still inthe camera and I had a picture of the guy taking it off of the tree, but the picture cut off his face at about the chin. How stupid can a guy be, he had it a week, you think at some time the fact that his picture was on that film would of crossed his mind. But then again, theives do not seem to intelegent to begin with.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Bukmastr,

Unbelievable story, I should be so lucky!

It was my first game cam and probably my last. Dont get me wrong, I loved using it and would have bought 5 more if I could be sure they wouldnt be stolen.

Bad enough, I'm feeding deer through the summer, now I have to feed the slob, low life, short cut taking, cant afford to buy their own, leeches, that dont belong in the same book with the word hunter in it.

Sorry, just venting.
There , Thats better
I'm ok, but they're not.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

d,
I dont really have the problem you do, I am lucky enough to have a spot that no one else hunts or gets into, in fact I leave my climber on the bottom of my tree most of the year! But I do have a similar situation at work, I have a very large Craftsman toolbox, and someone keeps breaking into it, one day my calipers were gone, the next my socket set, now I'm down to using a freakin cresent wrench to tighten a bolt cause half my box is gone, and my boss wont buy me more until we can figure out who's stealing the stuff!!! (You know I think he thinks I'm stealing my own tools!!!)

I hate dishonest people
Old 09-05-2004, 12:01 PM

well that sucks but i read this tip in another post and its a great idea for a non digital trail cam....
load your film and have a sigh made .. step infront of the cam and hold up your sign to your chest so it takes a picture of your face and the sign.... the sign should read to this effect................ " If this film is being developed by anyone other than the above photo'd [yourname] please call [phone number] and the police because this camera was stolen"
Old 09-05-2004, 12:32 PM

Mr. D,I hope the rest of your season is betting. Good luck.

NgtShade that is an outstanding IDEA.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really SUCKS. Why can't people leave other people things alone. I hope you do again someday get another one. They are alot of fun and I sure hate to see someones enjoyment ended by irresponsibel A$$#0!35.[:'(]
Old 09-05-2004, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Ngtshade

well that sucks but i read this tip in another post and its a great idea for a non digital trail cam....
load your film and have a sigh made .. step infront of the cam and hold up your sign to your chest so it takes a picture of your face and the sign.... the sign should read to this effect................ " If this film is being developed by anyone other than the above photo'd [yourname] please call [phone number] and the police because this camera was stolen"
That'll work if the "photohut jockeys" give more than a passing glance at your pics. I doubt they give a crap though.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds good in theory, but I doubt many photos even pass by a human eye during development anymore! Maybe you could just take a photo of a sign that reads "Watch your back, I know where you live" just to make them think a little.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Thats an excellent idea ngtshade I'm gonna try that I have had 2 cameras taken.