Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisper bisquit accurracy at longer ranges? >

Whisper bisquit accurracy at longer ranges?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisper bisquit accurracy at longer ranges?

Old 09-03-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Whisper bisquit accurracy at longer ranges?

Let me start by saying I've read the existing posts on the whisker bisquit. Opinions are mixed and strong. My pro shop, and many of the posters here suggest it is the cat's meow at closer ranges--ie--25 yds or less. Out west where I hunt, I find typical hunting conditions for spot and stalk mule deer hunting to regularly require longer shots (this year's buck was taken at 42yds, and the other shot opportunities were 55-65 (which I didn't take because the deer were moving). As a result, I regularly practice at these ranges (its great practice for shorter shots). I've been told that beyond 35 yds, groups will open up with the bisquit, and that even with perfect form, I will lose some of my present range ( I have pins to 65 yds). It's hard enough as it is presently to keep all my arrows in the kill zone at this range. Any thoughts or experience on inherent accuracy of the rest at 40 yds and beyond? I'm shooting a bowtech patriot at 70# with goldtip 5575s. I presently use a a quick tune 1000 with good results.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:11 PM

Default RE: Whisper bisquit accurracy at longer ranges?

I recently set up a wisker biscuit on my Liberty. I think it's as accurate at longer ranges as it can be in my hands. I typically don't shoot past 40 or 50 yards when practicing but had an extra pin so I set it at 60 yards just for the heck of it. It was shooting 4 or 5 inch groups which is plenty good for me.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 50 yard groups are just as good with the WB as they are with any other rest. the key is proper shaft/fletch selection and good bow tuning.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Spike

Mine also are 4-5 inches at 50 yards. I think the discussion on accuracy at longer ranges is if your trying to hit a little 2inch circle this may not be the rest for you!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you're not confident with your equipment selections then maybe you need to start considering those 55-65 yard 'shot opportunities' as opportunities to become a better stalker, and get closer.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:50 AM

Even a marginally tuned bow will seem to group well at closer ranges when shot with the whisker biscuit arrowrest. Some refer to this as a false tune, what it is is an untuned bow.

The whisker biscuit is not in itself an inaccurate piece of equiptment. It is a very precisely made arrowrest that is capable of very fine adjustments and it responds well if used on tuned bows with properly spined arrows.

Underspined arrows, untuned bows, and improperly adjusted rests will never be condusive to good long range accuracy.

You are bound to hear mixed results about the biscuit because some folks will tune their bows and others will not.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Don't forget to vote!