Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 real deer scent glands as attractant? >

real deer scent glands as attractant?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

real deer scent glands as attractant?

Old 09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
pup

Default real deer scent glands as attractant?

here is my ?
today one of my buddies who was hunting out of one of my tree stand shot the smaller of two 10 points we have been hunting, as i was cleaning it i cut off the scent glands on his back legs, i figured for the heck of it i would keep them, so i put them in a plastic bag. this is where my quesiton comes in, usually when these two bucks see each other they usually spar a little, if i was to use one of these glands do you think it might attract the other buck if he was going to pass out of range and smelled it?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: real deer scent glands as attractant?

Pup
- I go up to the local packing plant on the opening day of gun season. The manager lets me go into his semi-tractor trailer cooler where all the deer are stacked like cordwood and harvest all the tarsal glands I want. I handle them with latex gloves, segregate the boys and girls, and freeze them with handi-wrap between them. I use them next year with my decoys - helps with the "sell" for sure. Set the glands where you want to set up your shot...
-fsh
Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: real deer scent glands as attractant?

i have heard it works great because other bucks want to know who is in their territory, especially another buck.