Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bows becoming too high $ to buy... >

Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

Old 08-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

You know the old sayin

You gotta pay if you wanna play!

Seriously though. I get much enjoyment out of my bow. It is well worth the money I have in it. I have around $1000 into my Patriot. To me it is a bargin for the fun I have shooting. I mean seriously if you break it down over a year its only like $83 a month. I absolutly get $83 worth of enjoyment out of it per month.

Then come this winter after hunting season I will sell it and do it all over again The fun never ends
Old 08-30-2004, 02:49 PM

I dont like to pay the prices but this is my passion. $700 dollars for a bow is high but woth it im my book.I have a friend that buys a Starbucks coffee everyday @ $4, 4x365=$1460 dollars a year for coffee. Another friend that smokes 2 packs a day at $3 a piece 6x365=$2190 for smokes. If it makes you happy it is worth every penny.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess thats one way to look at it. I paid for my Mathews twice, first time at the pro shop. The real payment came when I got home But I do love to shoot and hunt so to me its worth every penny. I'm not sure if my wife would agree.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish things would settle down some with the prices. The price tag for a chunk of machined aluminum gets higher each year. It is pretty sad when my last bow, including accesories was more than my 7MM Rem Mag with Leuapold 4x12 scope!

But, of course I keep laying it out. Sometimes I think if I was addicted to drugs instead of bowhunting I might be better off financially. Naaa, nevermind, drugs won't get me as high as bowhunting does.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree I look at the purchase as a whole years worth of entertainment. And if you break it down per shot (1000/10,400)= $.09 per shot. (that's only 200 shots a week).
Old 08-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a harder time paying for the accessories with a new bow. $100 for a mathews quiver? Come on! $100 a dozen for my carbons make me look for hours if I lose an arrow. $10 a broadhead is a little steep, too. Oh well, I still love it.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know getting into this sport isn't cheap anymore but it doesn't get any cheaper getting into other sports as well.Everything comes with a cost now a day's . I love my new bow and accessories but it's sure well worth it to me.

nubo
Old 08-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

When bow manufacturers started "giving" lifetime warrantys on limbs/risers....prices started shooting up. How many archers keep their bows for a lifetime? I guarantee that if all manufacturers limited their warranty to 5 years or less......prices would go down! Funny thing, I've seen dealers figure out ways to replace something broken on 2nd-3rd owner bows.............and use the original warranty, perhaps that has helped increase bow prices as well.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:57 PM

My first bow was ten years old when I got it and I was too dumb to know it wasn't a great bow, but it hit what I was aiming at every time(if I did my part). Then three years ago someone at the range(shooting one of the big two) started cuttin on my equipment. After I out shot, and put him (with his fat mouth) and his expensive bow in there proper place, for some reason, I decided, I did in fact need a new bow. I bought a bottom end hoyt for around five and change with quiver, rest, and sights. My old bow was about shot out anyway, and my new bow is getting close too( I shoot EVERY day, no matter what). But I guess you can't put a price on something that makes me feel like there's something I enjoy and can do well, doesn't harm anyone( including myself), and keeps me from finding other things that might be not so healthy to do. As far as price; I believe that if people refused to buy something because the price seemed too high, then the manufacurer could either lower their price to stay in buissness, or find another buissness, but people inherently like to indulge and spoil themselves. And my next bow will be one of the expensive boys, but as much as I shoot, it really does come out to less than I spend on bottles of water.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

NOBODY needs spend a single cent on archery equipment. Raw materials are just laying around in the woods, free for the taking. All you have to know is how to fashion them into workable bows, strings and arrows.

But that IS the trick, isn't it.

Quick Reply: Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.