Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Man!! Are they accurate!!! >

Man!! Are they accurate!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man!! Are they accurate!!!

Old 08-26-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Man!! Are they accurate!!!

It is amazing to see how accurate a bow can be if properly tuned!!! I shot Spitfires for 3 years because I was too lazy to tune my bow. I tweaked a little here and there, and BINGO!!! I am shooting muzzy's now and am grouping nicely at 30+ yards!!! I have always been a fixed blade man, so now ther is no reason to ge back to mechanicals. Nothing against mech's, I just prefer the penetration and devastating results of the muzzy's!!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Default RE: Man!! Are they accurate!!!

I agree. When I was younger I know nothing about tuning. The shop I went to didn't tell my bow needed to be tuned. they handed it to me and said "here you go".
Besides being fun tuning can really improve the accuracy and proformance of a bow. I think the easton tuning guide should be standard equiptment on all new bows.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I just picked up some muzzy bh and was not inpressed with the blade sharpness. I had an old bh kicking in my quiver and I was able to still shave with it but not a brand new muzzy! The head does look sound though and I have yet to shoot it. Wish me luck.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:01 PM

Now that you have gotten around to tuning your bow you will be able to get the maximum preformance out of the broadheads you choose. When shooting the untuned bow you never got the maximum preformance out of any broadhead you tried.

Mechanicals were intended to be shot out of a tuned setup. When they are, they work extremely well.

When mechanicals are shot out of an untuned setup the results can and do vary.. []
Old 08-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the name