Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 big problem with my Black Hole & Fieldogic >

big problem with my Black Hole & Fieldogic

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

big problem with my Black Hole & Fieldogic

Old 08-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default big problem with my Black Hole & Fieldogic

I purchased a Black Hole layered target by Fieldlogic. I thought the target was great - good stooping and easy removal with both field tips and broadheads - and I was the first one to praise them and even stick up for them on this board.

Well here it is a year later -

So after after a few shots this year, I noticed that the arrows were passing through and hitting the backing behind the target. I was a bit upset. They claim the targets will withstand 12,000 shots without a pass through. I had no more than 200 in the target. So I then contacted Fieldlogics customer service assuming they would stand behind their product. I was wrong. They wanted pictures so I sent pictures. Then they wanted me to ship it (with my money) to them for inspection. I didn't feel that it was my responsibility to ship it to them (200 shots vs 12,000). I then offered to send them my reciept for a refund. They then informed me that there was plenty of area around the center that I could shoot at (didn't like the idea of risking arrows) or put straps on it to tighten it up (should I have to?).

So I told them to forget it and told them I would try and inform everyone I could how well their product held up and how eager they were to make it right.

Am I wrong or should they have given me some sort of satifaction? They hype thier product so much but won't stand behind it.

My advice DO NOT PURCHASE Fieldlogic PRODUCTS!!!!

Sorry for whining, but I thought people should know about this situation.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:22 PM

Default RE: big problem with my Black Hole & Fieldogic

I bought a Block and had passthroughs within the first 400 shots. I called them up and they asked me if the bands were tight. I told them they were loose. They asked me where I was shooting. I told them in the middle. They said that with the 12,000 test, they shoot all over the target and the target was the next size up. They sent me another free of charge. Call Kevin, I think that is his name, and ask to speak to him.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:58 AM

I think I remember some of those posts. I posted my findings with the target. They were a bit better than yours but not by much. Just suffice it to say I did not get anywhere near the advertised preformance. For field tip arrows I get the most from a Morrel Out Door bag target. I have shot the same morrel target for two years now and I'm still shooting it.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:08 AM

i had bought a black hole last year and listened to the guy at a shop go on and on about how good they were so i got one and after 250 shots and only 10 shots with broadheads the foam in the middle fell out and left a big black hole. that must be were they got the name . dont buy one not worth the money.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

We can through the Morrell Six Shooter in the mix also. Lasted about 200-250 broadhead shots before passthroughs.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree here is a pic of my black hole I use an old 3-D turkey target for a back stop so the arrows don't pass threw.

Old 08-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

that looks like a lot of shots in that one

mine looks just like new, no where near what yours looks like

i will try and leave a pic
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a black hole and I don't have any problems. The trick is only shooting broadheads once a year just to see if they fly well. They tear the target apart! I would say one broadhead shot is equivlent to about 30 fielp point shots. Mine has held up now for a year and the center target is starting to get worn out but I still have plenty of room outside of it.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really think they should stand behind their product when it fails as bad as ine did.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have the same target with similar results. I don't think ANY of these layered targets really do the job they say they will. However.....I still do like it. I still can shoot a broadhead through it, and there aint much else I can shoot one at (except the obvious).

Do I think you are wrong for "whining"....ABSOLUTLY NOT!!!!! I feel that is the point Forums like this. Gets the word out about the good and bad of any company/outfitter/products/etc.

I appreciate your input and everyone else for that matter on any subject like this.

I feel company should take forums like this into account. I mean...how many people are on this board and could possible read waht you wrote.

Jay

Quick Reply: big problem with my Black Hole & Fieldogic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.