Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies? >

How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

Old 09-14-2004, 12:02 AM

Default RE: How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

Alone... although I do like it better when I have a buddy to help drag out my kill.

Man, i really need to make some sort of deer drag cart.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:24 AM

I like being alone but nothing beats the look on friends faces when I out shoot them - lol
Old 09-14-2004, 08:50 AM

I have two hunting leases - one for social hunting and one for serious (solo) hunting. I enjoy both, just as long as I'm in the woods.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lou-lou

To me it's about memmories in the field, if for one split second another person can feel the same way I do , I mean the feeling of pure enjoyment or satifaction. You hard core bowhunters know what I mean. To have someone else experience this feeling it dosen't get any better. Hunting to me is about friendship, and sharing part of my soul with someone else at that momment. Word cannot express the feeling you get when you and a buddy or your dad or your wife share that magical momment. All that hard work that we do in the woods and to only share it with yourself , to me is selfish.
I like a mix. There are times when you want to go it alone. However the best memories I have ever had were with others. Of course I am not talking directly in the stand with someone, but all coming together before and after the day.

Last year, I hunted by myself the whole season (bow and gun). On gun opener, I had a really interesting hunt that resulted in two deer for me, and a chance at the monster buck I had been watching all season. I took care of those two deer, without sharing it with anyone. As the season wore on, I found it hard to keep myself in the woods. It almost felt like I was too alone, which is odd, because one of the nicest things about hunting is the chance to get away from it all.

Sometimes, a hunting buddy is just what you need.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:05 AM

I enjoy the fellowship of being with friends and family just prior to entering the woods. But once in, I'd rather be alone. I also look forward to rejoining them after a hunt to brag about my deer or to see what the others have gotten if I haven't been successful.

I hunted a couple of times with my uncle last year on his hunting land, but it wasn't nearly as fun. He told me I could shoot a doe or a buck, but if a monster comes out its his. I told him this year when I visited we were not doing that mess again.

The before and after a hunt is great time spent with others. When its time to go in the woods, though, its on. I don't want anyone bothering me.