Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can everyone afford to shoot what they want? >

Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Old 08-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Do you shoot exactly what you want to shoot? Or is your bow, while good, imposed on you because of your finances?

I got something good for my money, that's how I feel... I'd much rather be shooting a Mathews or Hoyt but I can afford something like that right now.

What about you?
Old 08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

I shoot what I want and really dont care what the cost is but I do have a good job, own both cars and have a small mortage payment.

Now I know there are guys and gals out there that cant afford to go out and spend a bucket full of cash on a new bow each year so they buy a lesser priced one.

It makes no difference to me what the next guy or gal is shooting just as long as they are shooting it well and are happy with it.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

So far I have been able to shoot the bow that I want to shoot. However I do not run out and buy the latest bow every year either. I usually keep a bow for three years or more before I buy a new one and I sell the old one to help offset the costs of a new bow. I will also always shop around for the best deal too.

I also agree with Aussie in that i do not judge another hunter/ archer by the bow that they shoot. Heck I actually made a new friend and he shoots a Mathews............ yet I still talk to him.My cousin shoots one of those "M" bows too and I have not denounced his existance either.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

Ill jump in on this since I bought a new bow just recently... I guess If money wasnt an option I would look into the Bowtechs, Matthews, etc. But for my needs, a tree stand hunting bow within 35 yards, I am plenty accurate and get plenty of speed with the bow I just bought, A bear TRX

So if money was no option I probably would buy a more expensive bow, just because I could, I guess...
Old 08-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a poor high school student and I still shoot a 700 dollar bow I work my butt off all summer and spend every dime of it on hunting stuff! I think anybody with a job can afford the bow they want they just have to set ther financial priorities and maybe save up if need be.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bscofield

Do you shoot exactly what you want to shoot? Or is your bow, while good, imposed on you because of your finances?

I got something good for my money, that's how I feel... I'd much rather be shooting a Mathews or Hoyt but I can afford something like that right now.

What about you?
Im the same way I have an OK bow but a nice buckmaster or something would be nice
Old 08-23-2004, 11:14 PM

ditto on the poor highschool student, but with a hell of a bow! lol
Old 08-24-2004, 12:20 AM

i have no problem using my bow its not the best out there and its 3 years old but it does the job and thats all i need i think if u can afford it and want it then buy it but if ur old bow does the job and u see no need for a new one then use the older/cheaper one.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:27 AM
c j
Typical Buck

No, but I do it anyway.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:05 AM

I think anybody with a job can afford the bow they want they just have to set ther financial priorities and maybe save up if need be.
To this I agree if your single, no kids, no bills, no debt sure thats easy. I have a job and so does my wife but money is always an issue. Especially since we have been saving to buy a house to get out the this little pos duplex.
My first bow was used $100 my second bow I sold one of my good pistols to get, it was a Jennings somthing or other dont remeber $150 at GI Joes, loved that bow real smooth and accurate but only shot like 215 fps. Then my third and current bow I won off of a raffle at the bow shop, it is a Alpine ridge runner. Its a preatty good bow to me but I would like a little smoother bow with the same speed.

But today is my 30th Birthday and I got $155 dollars in gift certificates to the pro shop, $50 from dad and I sold another bow I had but didnt like for $125 So I just be be getting one that I get to pick out just cause I like it.

I am the same way with cars, I have never shopped for a car I just always seem to get deals at the right time that I go for. For instance I my current two trucks that I Drive one is a 79 bronco (favorite) I traded a 86 topaz for straight across, and I also coincidently have a 79 f250 that a guy said if I want it come and get it. All it needed was a steering gear box, runs like a champ. Maybe one of these days I will go out and get a super duty or new dodge or something but we will see.lol

Quick Reply: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.