HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?
Old 08-24-2004, 01:05 AM
pinkys79

Default RE: Can everyone afford to shoot what they want?

I think anybody with a job can afford the bow they want they just have to set ther financial priorities and maybe save up if need be.
To this I agree if your single, no kids, no bills, no debt sure thats easy. I have a job and so does my wife but money is always an issue. Especially since we have been saving to buy a house to get out the this little pos duplex.
My first bow was used $100 my second bow I sold one of my good pistols to get, it was a Jennings somthing or other dont remeber $150 at GI Joes, loved that bow real smooth and accurate but only shot like 215 fps. Then my third and current bow I won off of a raffle at the bow shop, it is a Alpine ridge runner. Its a preatty good bow to me but I would like a little smoother bow with the same speed.

But today is my 30th Birthday and I got $155 dollars in gift certificates to the pro shop, $50 from dad and I sold another bow I had but didnt like for $125 So I just be be getting one that I get to pick out just cause I like it.

I am the same way with cars, I have never shopped for a car I just always seem to get deals at the right time that I go for. For instance I my current two trucks that I Drive one is a 79 bronco (favorite) I traded a 86 topaz for straight across, and I also coincidently have a 79 f250 that a guy said if I want it come and get it. All it needed was a steering gear box, runs like a champ. Maybe one of these days I will go out and get a super duty or new dodge or something but we will see.lol