Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Cabelas

Old 08-21-2004, 02:29 PM

Default RE: New Cabelas

I can't wait till they build the new cabelas by me. It should be done soon
Old 08-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

I live about 20 minutes from the new store. I was in it twice last week. The official grand opening started yesterday, i was going to take a friend up today but all of the spots were full and traffic backup was unbeleivable. In fact we were heading west but i measured how far the trafic was backed up on the eastbound lane and it was almoast exactly 1.5 miles. After being in the store I can see why.

TG
Old 08-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been to the ones in Mitchell, Dundee and Prairie du Chien. I will be going to the one in Prairie this weekend. Can't wait to go. I just love their stores.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Been to the ones in Mitchell South Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota, and Kansas City Kansas. The Kansas City store was by far and away the best followed by the Mitchell store and then the Grand Forks store.

Actually the Grand Forks store may be located in Minnesota. Either way I was really disappointed after being in the other two stores first.

Suppose to have a Bass Pro Shops coming to a town twelve miles away by next summer. I see a new career in my future.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:13 AM

I have never been to a Cabella's. I've been to 3 different Bass Pro's. It seems when I go there I get stuff I won't use or don't need. I am better off buying local and supporting the local guys then traveling 2-4 hours to buy something that I end up not using. Just my thoughts. That being said I did order my camo from Cabella's.

Steve
Old 08-24-2004, 12:23 AM

I have been to the one in Sidney, Nebraska. It is pretty cool. My wife even liked going there. The bargin cave has some good deals sometimes and it was just fun to look around at all the stuff. I don't know about the others but the one in Sidney has a full life elephant mount, hippo, and some lion mounts that are cool.