Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you had a Game Camera Stolen? >

Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Old 06-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Was wondering how many of you out there that have or had game cameras, ever get one stolen? Are they fairly theft safe? I am really close to getting one, would just hate to get it stolen. I would put it on private property, which does not get much pressure, but you never know. I guess I'll just take a 100 dollar risk.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Yep... was on private property... and didn't last a week.

I think most get stolen after someone gets their picture taken.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

A while back, someone posted how they got their game cam back after getting stolen.

The first picture that would be taken was the guy holding a sign saying" this camera belongs to (your name here). If anyone develops these pics besides me...this camera has been stolen. Call (your number). I beleive he had one camera stolen three times and got it back everytime. I've never had a cam stolen. I've only put mine out on private land where in the off season, is rarely touched. Thsi year, I moved to dallas. Thinking about putting it out on public land this weekend. little nervous, but I may give this a try.

J
Old 06-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly what KBacon said.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had one stolen this past February. I had thought that since the season was over for more than a month and since it was a fairly secluded location that the chances of getting it stolen were slim so I left it out for about five days. It was there when I checked it on the 4th...but not the 5th.

Luckily, it was only a $70 cam and not a $300 one.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

No I havent had one took yet but I took one off my property that wasnt mine[:@]. I treat it like the tree stand I find that are not mine I leave my name number and tell them if they want it back give me a call a will give it back. No one got back with me yet .

Wonder why?
Old 06-23-2004, 10:10 PM

not stolen, but ripped apart. the moultrie game cam II has metal brackets built on to the back of theirs and i used a chain and two master locks and its solid on the tree. just a thought
Old 06-24-2004, 07:23 AM

Knock on wood. No. not yet but it is on private property and I take some time picking the right tree to hide it in. Knock on wood again.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:57 AM
etw

Had a roll of film taken from my camera which was mounted on MY property. But they left the unit.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:20 AM

I had a Moultrie Game Camera that I WISH someone would have taken. That thing caused much grief.

Quick Reply: Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.