Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Brickhouse TSC...any good? >

Brickhouse TSC...any good?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Brickhouse TSC...any good?

Old 08-20-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Brickhouse TSC...any good?

I have this place I can hunt but can't use any treestand there. I was thinking about getting a ground blind for there. I can't afford those real expensive ones so I was looking at Ameristep Brickhouse TSC. Has anybody used one? I wonder if it would be any good for bow hunting. What do you guys think?

CHECK IT OUT BY CLICKING HERE

They can be had for around $130.

I'm wondering more about the demensions. If they are good enough for bow hunting. I'm 5'9" tall (short for that matter...lol).
Old 08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brickhouse TSC...any good?

Dimensions are roughly 5'x5' and 5 1/2' tall in the center. Looks like a great blind and it has the shoot through windows. Guessing you have about a 27" draw? Shouldn't be too much of a problem shooting from inside especially since this blind has corner windows. You can sit more towards the one corner and have even more draw room.

Had a great time gun hunting out of mine last year (Hunter's View Doghouse) - can't wait to get in again for bow season.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:21 PM

It would be a GREAT place to go to on a rainy day!! I have been tempted to get one. I believe the brickhouse is the one that is charcoal lined for scent control.

Enjoy
Old 08-20-2004, 12:56 PM

an alternative to buying a blind would be to just make your own out of the natural surroundings in the area you plan to hunt...for that matter, you can just find yourself a fallen tree and hunker down in the tree top or even in the root wad...it works great, i do it all the time...
Old 08-20-2004, 02:20 PM

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna order one. Not to sure what the differences are between the Doghouse and the Brickhouse. Just that WalMart (online) has a killer deal (I've been pricing them) on the Brickhouse. I think I'd be happy with either one. That TSC system is supposed to keep the scent down a lot. Maybe in the deep cold winter months we could even throw in a small propane heater. [8D]

My draw length is a cool 29" and my head is not cocked back at that draw. That's funny though...when fitted for my old LX they set me up at 27.5". Wierd.

And yeah...I do make natural blinds and blend in and such also.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

OR....

You could build your own out of 1/2" PVC and camo material, add some mesh for windows and ur golden
Old 08-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

I recently bought one for turkey hunting and love it. Plenty of room(6'1") and really fast to set up. Let me say though, that when rained on, it will collapse(and it is not waterproof). Actually, the directions say not to use it in the rain. But, having said that, it will keep you dry. Set it up under an overhanging branch so you can tie the center string to the branch to keep the roof up in the rain, and use the tiedown ropes on the sides.It will stay up even after it gets soaked and heavy. I really like mine. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2004, 05:59 AM

I just got a brickhouse from bass-pro for $129 ......great blind.......its bigger than 5' square inside because of the hubs that bow the blind out on each side.....more like 6' square at seating height.....got my in the new Max 4-D camo......it has all the goodies in with with pockets and even a bow holder on the roof......I'm very happy with it....gonna get a little heater and sit in it on those nice cold and wet Ohio days with my 9 yr. old .
Old 08-21-2004, 09:20 PM

BassPro wants $160. I like that new camo pattern though...
Old 08-22-2004, 08:25 AM

I got bass pro to match wal-marts price of $ 129,.......had to bring in a internet ad......they matched no problem.......plus I got that new camo...last one there which does look awesome in my woods !!!