Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long does your Taxidermist take? >

How long does your Taxidermist take?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long does your Taxidermist take?

Old 08-15-2004, 08:18 PM

Default RE: How long does your Taxidermist take?

HOW MUCH OF A DEPOSIT DO YOU NORMALLY HAVE TO PAY OR DO YOU HAVE TO PAY IT ALL UP FRONT?

I have no idea how big of a deposit my taxidermist wants, I always pay in full when I take the deer in. After taxes and everything it comes out to about $500 plus another $60 for processing the deer.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

My buck from 2002 was a 3/4 mount at a quarter angle.Looks like he is leaping out of the wall.He only cost me $500.00 and was done in exactily 1 year and he does great work.He placed 2 in the texas national on taxidery.
By looking at some of the others he is really cheap on his prices.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:31 PM

7 to 8 months here. we pay 400 dollars for a shoulder mount. he does a limited number each year, and he's won a bunch of awards. he does it on the side, part time because he works for the ASCS office. our family has had 5 deer done from him, they all turned out GREAT

slayer
Old 08-15-2004, 08:40 PM

Wow you guys are waiting along time! The longest i have waited was a year and a half but since then i found a new guy who only takes first 85 BUCKS no does and usually only does people who he knows. Im paying about 200-300 for complete shoulder mount. This guys gets them done within 8 months of giving it to him. I guantee you will **** to if u saw these mounts he does an excellent job. Ill try to get some pics.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:49 PM

my taxidermist takes about 8 months
Old 08-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow I feel sorry for you guys. When I looked into getting my buck done there were three options. One guy charged 500 and it took 2-3 months. Another guy charged 400 and it took 4-5 months and the last one charged 415 and it took 6-8 months. Well I took it to the guy that cost 400 dollars in late october and he had it back to me in early february, so it was about 3 1/2 months.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:36 PM

All my mounts have taken about 1 year. He requires a 50% deposit and the remainder when you pick the mount up. I have had 2 bull elk, 1 bull moose, 1 full body black bear, 2 mule deer, 1 javelina, 1 coyote mounted. Each time I look at them I remember the hunt like it was yesterday. I have a couple of spaces waiting for the future memories.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I often hunt with my taxidermist and generally have to wait close to one year. He's well sought after for blue ribbon mounts and treats every one like it was going to competition. The price is on par with most listed here... coming in at $425. He requires $125 down, IF he doesn't know the customer. Otherwise, no money down is required. Well worth the wait.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:14 AM

Our local taxidermist takes from 2 to 4 years but his work is incredible. Part of the reason for the long wait is he has alot of African game on the go and he is in such high demand. Alot of guys get that good and they stop doing local deer but he keeps doing them there`s just a long wait.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:38 AM

I found that the key to quick turn around with your animal is pay the minimum you can down. I use to pay the whole amount when I dropped off the animal but found if you owe the taxidermist money he gets the animal done faster than when it is paid for in full. That and call and check on it every few months that way he will finish it just so he does not have to hear from you.

Quick Reply: How long does your Taxidermist take?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.