Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Facemask???

Old 08-12-2004, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Facemask???

A couple smears of face paint is much easier for me. I could see that you wouldn't want to use paint in some situations...but it works for me.

One less piece of equipment I have to worry about. If I lose my paint....I'll go with some mud.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you choose to wear one, you need to shoot with it on before hand. Its an entire different feel when you anchor. I prefer wearing makeup or mostly what I do is have my knit cap pulled down over my forhead, and one of those fleece neck warmers puller up to below my eyes. Depending on how the deer is coming in I just flick the bottom piece out of the way either right before I draw, or even at full draw.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Disagree!

I have tried to wear them for years. I usually wear them and then pull them down to shoot. I never could get use to shooting with any type of face pask. It always interfers with my anchor. Last year I ditched it completely. I saw more deer and killed more deer, last year, than I have at any time in the last five years. I can honestly say that there was not one time that not having a face mask was an issue. I only had a couple of deer look up at me and the ones that did looked up and then came on by.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:08 AM

I agree. I got a great deal on a scentlok close out. I'm not a big believer in scent lok but if there is one section of body that needs supression it is the head. Most scent comes from your hair and breath and I hope this will help to combat it. I also wear a head mask to keep those pesty skeeters away until the thermacell gets fired up on windy days. I can't sit still with a skeeter in my ear[:@]
Old 08-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't stand any type of mask. Even on cold days. The closest thing was a hat with the face cut out. I could raise and lower over my face as needed. I do piss off the wife come 1 sept and grow a full beard.