Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NAP QuickSpin Information >

NAP QuickSpin Information

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP QuickSpin Information

Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP QuickSpin Information

I used the quikspins but I won't be for hunting. I fletched one arrow (goldtip 5575) with the quikspins and one with feathers. The foc on the feathers was 10.7 and the foc on the quikspins was 7.1. Well I didn't think it would matter too much so I started shooting. With field points they both flew the same. Then I put on the NAP Crossfire 100 gr. The feathers flew right with the fp's but the quikspins dropped like a rock. They were hitting about 8 inches lower at 20 yards. I talked to my proshop and he has noticed the same thing with some of them that he has played with. I would like to try them with a 125 gr broad head but I don't have any and I am not planning on getting any soon. I just don't need that much weight for whitetails. Guess it will be feathers and crossfires this year.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:43 PM

The trick with quick spins is using about 1 degree offset. I've tried them with helical and they shot below my arrows with standard vanes. So there was a little trial and error to get the right results. One of the down sides to the vane is you won't be able to see the arrow, even if they are crested. the little metal wings basically black the arrow out while it is in flight. If they get wrinkled they will make noise (like most vanes), but then again so do Rocky mountian 100's and thunderheads when they are in flight. One thing you'll find out real quick is if you're having any vane contact it will wrinkle the vanes PDQ. I'm using a TT shakey hunter and have no wrinkled vanes. That being said I had a MZE on an Ultratec that was having no problems with real low profile AAE's. Shot a few quick spins through it and wrecked them in less than 5 shots per arrow. Clearance was real tight on this particular bow and it showed. In the end I've decided to go with the quick spins on all my hunting arrows. Great thing about archery is all the choices we have. Would I recommend quick spins for someone else try. Sure because the cost is nominal and there are a few different places that let you buy them in singles. You don't have to make more than 3 or 4 dollar investment and you can form your own opinion.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried them with helical and they shot below my arrows with standard vanes.
I'll bet that is my problem. I only have a helical jig right now. Guess I will need another trip to the archery shop. I will probably stay with the feathers for this year. That can be a project for next year. Thanks for the info.