Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's with all the gun hunts? >

What's with all the gun hunts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's with all the gun hunts?

Old 08-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's with all the gun hunts?

It's getting that time again.

So I went to wal mart today to pick up a hunting dvd to get my started for the upcoming hunting seasons. After a rain two days ago, we have had cool weather, and cold nights. So with my bow practice, I knew I needed some video's to watch.

Anyway, I go to wal mart, and out of the 7-10 deer hunting video's, almost all of them are loaded with gun hunts, and very few bowhunts. I was like what has happened? I finally decided on getting a Buckmasters video, The Thrill of the Hunt...Big Bucks. 40 hunts in total.....8 bow, 2 muzzle loader, and the rest are gun!?! The video is good. 3 hours of hunting, plus outtakes and everything. But the best hunts are the bow hunts. They actually tell you what the set up is, and everything. In the gun hunts, they just randomly bust nice whitetails out over 150yards.

Even with the lack of bow hunts, the video is awesome. Everyone's fav. takes a nice buck on the first hunt with a bow. And one of the bowhunts 3/4 of the way through is awesome. The buck actually goes under the stand and looks around before catching scent and taking several hops out into the open where the guy makes a great shot.

But what has happened to the good bow hunting video's where the deer are in close and not out at 200yrds being snipered with a high powered rifle?
Old 08-06-2004, 04:17 PM

Default RE: What's with all the gun hunts?

Go get yourself a copy of Primos new DVD titled Bowhunting, it is awsome and Bowhunting ONLY
Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep a lookout for it. This Buckmasters video isn't bad. It's got a few funny moments, and the bowhunts are good. One bow hunt has a guy taking a full velvet buck and you can see his quiver in the shot as he shoots.

Another has a buck walking right up to a scent bomb, and you can again see part of the bow as the hunter shoots.

In one funny spot durning the video, Jackie tells the camera man a buck is coming behind does, and is he on him. The camera man turns and get's on a really nice buck chasing does. Jackie says, are you on him......cameraman says yes. Boom! And the buck the camera man is on freezes and looks around. The camera man says shoot again you missed him. And Jackie says he's down. The camera man again says you missed him, shoot again. Jackie says I see him, he's down. The camera man turns to jackie and says what. Then jackie point's out the downed deer adn the camera man tell's him about the other, bigger buck that had just trotted off several seconds after the first shot. LOL.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:22 PM

The new Knight and Hale at Wallyworld is mostly bow also. Its $10 for like 3.5 hours or something like that.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see there are alot of hunting video addicts in here like me. It drives my girlfriend crazy......she says how many times u gonna watch this video? AHhhhhh shut up women.......i am getting ready for bow season LOL![:'(]
Going to walmart tonight to get the knight and hale and drury outdoors video.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: TURKEY FAN

I see there are alot of hunting video addicts in here like me. It drives my girlfriend crazy......she says how many times u gonna watch this video? AHhhhhh shut up women.......i am getting ready for bow season LOL![:'(]
Going to walmart tonight to get the knight and hale and drury outdoors video.
I'm high teck neck now....I get em all on DVD! How cool is bow hunting on DVD?