Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cabelas vs Bass Pro >

Cabelas vs Bass Pro

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabelas vs Bass Pro

Old 08-06-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Cabelas vs Bass Pro

Just a general discussion topic. Living here in MO, I have several Bass Pro stores to choose from, so that's where I go. But I think that as far as hunting supplies goes, Cabelas has the better selection, and has much more to choose from. Bass Pro, on the other hand, has much more fishing related items.

So, which do you prefer?
Old 08-06-2004, 02:25 PM

Default RE: Cabelas vs Bass Pro

Good question. I agree. Cabelas is more of the hunter's store. Bass Pro has a lot too, but I feel more in the hunting mid set with Cabelas.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer Cabela's. I get both Bass Pro and Cabela's catalogs, and Cabela's seems to have more variety of "stuff". Bass Pro Shop is, well, just like their name.... Bass Pro Shop. Way more fishing stuff than Cabela's. Both are equally great. If I need excellent fishing gear, I order from Bass Pro. If I need shotgun hunting/bowhunting/etc... stuff, I order from Cabela's.

Butch
Old 08-06-2004, 02:32 PM

Cabelas. If I need it....they have it. No matter if it's something in season or out. Atleast for most things.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:34 PM

I personally try to support the little guy with the best price. If I had to chooses between bass pro and cabelas I do it on a per oders basis and it comes down to price. Both have a great selection and customer service to boot. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:43 PM

Keystone Country Store then Cabelas I live in Missouri so I have to pay tax at Bass Pro[:@]
Old 08-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree, having been to both stores. I also feel that Cabelas clothing is much better than Bass Pro Shops is. I wonder if those two stores just didn't decide to not try to compete with one another in hunting or fishing? HMMMM.......
Old 08-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cabelas!!

They have top quality apparel, at great prices on top of that. Their apparel is head and sholders above all others. (except for maybe high dollar "specialty" made apparel companies) Cabelas branded apparel has a no questions asked return policy, that shows their confidence in the quality and craftsmanship in the apparel.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah I like cabelas also, but bass pro is a short 20 minute drive.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I live about 15 minutes from BassPro, and agree with all of you that Cabela's is better. In fact, it isn't worth going to BassPro without calling first to make sure they have what you need.

Quick Reply: Cabelas vs Bass Pro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.