Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks >

Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Old 08-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Another scent free way is to keep your clothing in a plastic garbage bag,put some "bush"in from your area and keep your cloths sealed in it till ready to hunt.
It may sound cheap but the easiest way to make a bow holder if you want it on your stand is to use a U-bolt,put some old airline rubber hose on it and bolt it to your platform,works great for me.
The most important one to me is always make sure you have your camera handy,ever notice when you do get your deer the camera is still at home.Bring a cheap disposable along or lock your good 35mm or digital up in the truck
Old 08-10-2004, 12:10 PM

silentassasin, I don't normally hang my bow, it is almost always in my hand, it takes your free hand to push your sleeve up, so I guess if you hang your bow it wouldn't be a problem. Just different styles I guess.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may sound cheap but the easiest way to make a bow holder if you want it on your stand is to use a U-bolt,put some old airline rubber hose on it and bolt it to your platform,works great for me.
I can't seem to picture this - can you explain?
Old 08-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plus wearing a watch just feels uncomfortable to me.
I like to carry a pocket watch, windup..........cant depend on batteries.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

This simpler, the better. Retrofit your stand with as many things as you can. Instead of screw in the tree style holders and such, get a stand mounted bowholder. Also mount a quiver holder on there as well. With the getup I have now, I put my shoulder harness fanny pack on, sling my treestand on over that and walk to my tree. Once at the tree, all I do is mount the stand to the tree, hook my bow to my pull up rope and up I go. I may spend 5 min. on the ground once at my tree. Once at your height, secure the stand, hang my fannypack, sitdown and pull up the bow. Done.

No fiddling in the dark for hangers, hooks and stuff. Its already on the stand waiting.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own a rangefinder, so to help me determine yardage I will step off distances of 15, 25, and 35 yards out from my stand in different directions and mark them by either breaking a small limb or placing a noticable rock at the locations. I do this the day I first hang my stand so on future visits I don't walk around depositing scent. The next time that buck comes in you'll know exactly how far out he is when you let one go. I'm sure most of you guys/gals know this one already but for the beginner it sure can come in handy and save alot of heartache.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 PM

This might sound kinda corny but , I shave the night before going huntin so as i have a 5o'clock shadow..Reason being is if you use a face mask you can use the nubs to move the face mask down from being bunched by the corner of your eyes and not have to use your hands...hence less movement..
Old 08-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't seem to picture this - can you explain?

Sorry for the poor quality but its 1:00 in the morning and im tired-lol.
Take a big u-bolt from the hardware store,put some old rubber hose around it for silence and protection for the bow.Bolt it or screw it to your platform and there u have it.
Makes for a great bow holder,always in reach and very silent,and costs all but maybe .20 cents
Old 08-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Download the Easton tuning guide, print it off, and carry it with you wherever you go. Study it. Memorize it. ANd 99.9% of your tuning and flight problems will be answered.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your going to hunt along a creek or water is near buy use racoon cover scent. very strong scent works "very" "very" well as a cover scent!

Quick Reply: Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.