Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks >

Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Old 08-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

I think it would be fun if everyone can share a few tips and tricks with everyone here.It will be a great learning experience,maybe even make alot of things easier,and cheaper in the long run

for starters-----Everyone has broke an arrow at one time or another right.Well if you like to use scents at times then stick the broken arrow in the ground,saturate a gun cleaning swab with your favorite scent and stick it into the nock.Also works great for range estimation as well

Another is if you use the tm prong style rest and really dont care for the rubber shrink tubing,then use a little of the wifes clear nail polish,give the prongs a good 2 or 3 coats and away you go

If i can think of anymore off the top of my head then i will be sure to share them with you
Anyone else have some great tips to share?
Old 08-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Well i have alot, but its probably stuff that every veteran hunter may know already.......atleast i hope they do.lol.

Heres one: When its cold outside and your walking to your stand, bring an extra pair of socks along and change them when you get were your going, it helps keep your feet from freezing and stay warmer longer.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:37 PM

If you're a turkey hunter and are anything like me, you may like this one.

I always manage to lose one or two of my decoy stakes every season. I don't know how I do it, but I do. This past season it happened the very first day! Well, I was bummed that I was going to have to go out and buy new ones. While sitting around the house I remembered that I had a few arrows lying around that I had split the ends of the shafts. I cut each arrow down to about the size of a standing turkey, and wouldn't you know it - cheap decoy stakes! Now every time I bust one of my arrows, I bring it home, cut it down and stick it with my other stakes.

Enjoy.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

This is what I do, If you bow hunters are like me then you will like this one. I like to use light weight gloves when bow hunting, but it tends to get your hands cold faster, I will take my little hand warmer and put them in my glove on the back side of my hand, thus not interfering with my grip hand or my release hand, keeping your hands toasty warm! just a little something to think about.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Hunting spots- Always in conversation work in deer population problem. That will open up spots like you couldn't believe.

Hook up - Meet other bowhunters, make friends. They have spots you can hunt and who knows, one day you might be able to return the the favor.

Read this board - tons of good info and just maybe just a few laughs.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm probably going to hit myself after I get this answer, but what does tm stand for when talking about a rest. I hear this used often and I know what style rest it is but I don't know why it is called this.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can use women products for lures, and fella's you know what i am talking about, drop some tinks 69 on that thang and stick it to a tree or hang it,lol whichever u prefer
Old 08-06-2004, 07:29 AM

Hunting spots- Always in conversation work in deer population problem. That will open up spots like you couldn't believe.
Field Mouse....that's so perfect. Very nice.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:54 AM

I'm probably going to hit myself after I get this answer, but what does tm stand for when talking about a rest. I hear this used often and I know what style rest it is but I don't know why it is called this.
GKF "ToughMan" Series
Old 08-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

When using a climber tie knots in your pull rope at 15, 20 and 25 feet -1,2,&3 knots at each location. This way when you set your deck to hunt you can know how high you are by judging where the knots are in your pull rope in comparison to your stand.

You can also use a surf fishing weight as a grappling hook if you should ever need to retrieve a dropped item while already on stand. Just keep the prongs bent in while in your stands pouch until needed. When needed tie it to your pull rope, open the prongs to resemble a grappling hook and your ready to retrieve.

Quick Reply: Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.