Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Practice tree stand shots? >

Practice tree stand shots?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Practice tree stand shots?

Old 08-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Practice tree stand shots?

How many of you treestand hunters practice regularly from an elevated shooting platform before season? I for one use a ladder stand that has never seen the woods. A great investment, (under a hundred dead presidents), that allows you to practice tuff angle shots. Another plus is you don't have to walk far to get there, since it can reside in your back yard. Make one part of your practice routine... you'll be glad you did.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Practice tree stand shots?

A couple buddies and I just erected one yesterday in the backyard... Time to start shooting from it
Old 08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

My hunting buddy and i just practice in my back yard from a tree there. you really have to trust that your buddy has respect for safty. also one uf us stands behind teh tree while the other shoots 6 arrows. then the one on the ground goes and retrieves the arrows. and we switch after about 60 shots!
it works for us. and we didnt have to build some platform. otherwise we just shoot from my deck. its about 18' up because the slop in the back yard!
Old 08-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of my bow buddys and I practice from some type of tree stand , the kids tree house , a balconey ,a stand in a tree and I sank a presure treated 4x6 next to the gardge to hang the stand. The only shot that matters is the first just like in the woods .I get all decked out in camo with face mask, climb to the stand ,sit a while and take ONE shot ,just like in the woods!
Old 08-04-2004, 04:04 PM

the only way i can practice is off the roof of my house cuz theres really not a tree for my climbing tree stand so ill get on my roof & pratice off of that or when im up my grandmothers then i get into my tree stand is which but tha same height as my roof is so that how i practice here........ good luck guys this year hunting