Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

acorns

Old 08-01-2004, 06:15 AM

Default acorns

up here in massachusetts, alot of acorns down already from the winds, still young though not much of a nut yet. do you think they'll hit these now or do you think there working on browse now and other stuff?
Old 08-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: acorns

Same problem here in PA... lots of little guys bailing off the limbs. I'll guess the deer will take to seeking out crop fields again. Last years acron crop here was low. Go figure. I don't know how they were down south... but then again they're a different nut there... pronounced "A-Kernz".
Old 08-01-2004, 11:46 AM

Last year we had so many acorns on the ground, and no good rain to sour them. Deer season was effected badly as deer could feed anywhere they wanted and get full bellies. The grasses and fields stayed green well into December, here in Central Texas.

The corn feeders, had mounds of untouched corn under them, (until the hogs figured it out!!!)
Old 08-01-2004, 11:45 PM

well....... tha acorns here in tn were fair but not good enough for the deer tho cuz i didnt se much sign of them eatin acorns, mostly apples, persimmons, honeysuckle, & wildberries but this years acorns are goin to be........ i dunno yet i hope there good cuz from all this summer rain this year well gotta go.