Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 National Geographic >

National Geographic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

National Geographic

Old 07-29-2004, 08:24 PM

Default National Geographic

Anybody catch the show that was just on the National Geographic, about hunting ? if not it's coming on again tonight.

I just seen the last 5 of it, and was wandering if anyone seen all of it ?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: National Geographic

I watched it. They portrayed hunters as dumb rednecks, throwing animals on the back of quads, saying "this'll be some good eatin"....

Had to turn. Wife hates it when I throw the remote.

I did enjoy the beginning of the show on cockfighting and bullfighting. They were interesting.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Is this the same one that had the trophy hunter with a room full of stuffed animals and the elk hunter bad mouthing other hunters and then missing an elk? I sure hope not cause that one was a blatent attempt to make hunters look bad.

I comes on again tomorow (July 30) at noon and again August 5th.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:10 AM

I saw the show also, deffinitly put together by an anti hunter. [:'(] They could have picked better people to represent us hunters, They just looked like bad people. Did anyone notice that when they took the deer away on the quad they ran over some pretty big saplings to get the deer out of there. How do we as viewers know that this is their land? I hunt on someone elses property and would not even think of doing this. Then they had the hippie college professor who said he despises sport hunters and that acording to his research (by the way his research consisted of watching dogs play) that animals feel fear, pain, happiness, and sadness. This guy doesn't even kill flys or spiders in his house because they feel fear. Then going to comercial they used to term "Slaughter" to describe hunting and I couldn't take it any more and turned the channel. Whoever the filmmaker of this program was is no better than the lying commie Michael Moore[:'(]. Whoever this one deffinitly has a personal agenda of portraying hunting in a bad light.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw most of the show, and still don't know what the Bayler bears have to do with hunting. Maybe when the bears in NJ start chasing Muffy into the house, scratch up the Land Rover, and eat Fi Fi, they'll change their tunes. I was especially mindful of them making a point of showing the blood on the woman's face in the beginning. It was her first hunt, and the "reporter" tried to get her to say she felt badly about it. And showing a pigeon shoot was way out of line. These are very expensive to attend, and 99.9% of all hunters don't participate in them. Again, they have nothing to do with hunting. All in all, the show was nothing more than an anti's agenda with a poor representation of hunters.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I flipped it on for a little bit and laughed. I saw the four wheeler run over the saplings. I also saw that they where unharmed and straighted right up afterwards. It dosen't bother me to see them waste their money on making this crap. I've known a lot of anti hunters that have flipped their position because they are sick and tired of the deer.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Saw the whole program last night. They tried to show two sides of the story but was mostly on the anti side. The reporter began to cry at the site of a dead bear. A troubled bear I might ad. The MN hunter turned
anti made me sick. Sold his boat and guns. What an idiot. Its his right to do what he wants but don't do something and then knock it! The elk hunter said a word about trophy hunters. However, I think the elk hunter gave the best, cleanest image that could depict the largest segment of hunters. The meat hunters that is! We're not all out for blood or trophys. Its much deeper than that. I also think the trophy hunters on the show (not all) did'nt send the best messege. Its like they were still tring to prove there manhood. The dove slaughter was a terrible act. I'm glad they banned it. How stupid. The antis have a feild day with that stuff and were all better off if no one ever sees that stuff again. I think hunters should try drawing less attention to themselves and drown out these videos. Its just fuel for the fire. That professor at UC was off his rocker. Looks like hes been hitt'n the pipe too much.

The segment on the NJ bear expansion is a fact of life that CT folks need to agree on. This weekend biology experts from around the north east are gathering in Yale Forest to discuss bear management in our state. Hopefully the antis view point will not alter the plans of our first option to bear hunt in many years.

Edit: I'm going to cancel my National Geographic subscription. I will tell them why!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, that's the same one that came on a while back. They got some pretty strong worded e-mails from me concerning this show.

This show is a total discrase to all hunters. Even the elk hunter that seemed to be in the best light bad mouthed other hunters.