Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help with unwanted residents of my treestand >

Help with unwanted residents of my treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with unwanted residents of my treestand

Old 07-26-2004, 11:17 AM

Default RE: Help with unwanted residents of my treestand

I'd get a bag a baseballs and start throwing. You'll have plenty of time to start running before they hit the ground. And come back that night and finish em' off with hairspray and a lighter. Problem solved.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Only thing I'd be willing to do is wait till a very calm night and get a fogger as close as to it as you possibly. Let the fogger run till it runs out and check in the morning. But then again, I got stung 14 times on the back at the same time by wasps.

If that didn't work, I'd just leave it and get it down after the first frost. If you're in Ohio, then it shouldn't be much into the season if at all.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

I think doing anything to this masterpiece of nature is absolutely wrong and irresponsible!!![:@][:@][:@] This civilization of insects had no idea this was your frickin' stand...for gosh sakes, it's out in the woods. Wait until a good hard freeze and then go gently move your stand with doing as little damage as possible to the hive. As far as time prior to a good hard freeze, find another stand and tree to hunt out of. These insects are as much a part of the whole scheme of things as anything else in the woods and shouldn't be destroyed simply because of one hunters simple misfortune.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

1) 12 guage shotgun loaded with #6 and a turkey choke .
2) aim carefully .
3) blam !
4) RLH !!!!!!

I should probably mention that this is best done at night ... [&:]
Old 07-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

wolfen,

Although I see your point, I don't think he is going to be hurting the population any. I personally would get rid of them.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoofers

Is this a great way to protect your stand from theft or what!
LMAO!!!

Hoofers, I think you might be onto something. I wonder if you can get a patent on that new theft device? LOL
Old 07-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like daystalkers idea , nuke um , remember you probably dont want to spray them down with bug spray as you will spook the deer out with that strange smell .
Old 07-26-2004, 01:05 PM

If you're not worried about burning down the woods, a flaming arrow seems appropriate.

You're certainly up Feces Creek without a paddle. No easy way to combat a hornet's next that is 30' up a tree.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

I think doing anything to this masterpiece of nature is absolutely wrong and irresponsible!!![:@][:@][:@] This civilization of insects had no idea this was your frickin' stand...for gosh sakes, it's out in the woods. Wait until a good hard freeze and then go gently move your stand with doing as little damage as possible to the hive. As far as time prior to a good hard freeze, find another stand and tree to hunt out of. These insects are as much a part of the whole scheme of things as anything else in the woods and shouldn't be destroyed simply because of one hunters simple misfortune.
If you take the nest down at the end of the year aren't you killing the colony anyway?

Shoot away with the paint ball gun. That just seems like a lot of fun.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't say to take the hive down at all but to try and remove the stand leaving the hive in tact as best as possible.

Quick Reply: Help with unwanted residents of my treestand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.